Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Is bigger better???

Ok first off i know that building cans without proper approval is illegal and i am not trying to build one at this moment and time, but in the future i plan to go through all the legal steps to hopefully be able to have or build one. So looking through at all different cans i was thinking is bigger better or at what point is bigger too big. I want to base this question for middle ground caliber, a 223. So in general speaking you would think the bigger a can the quieter it would be, or at least that is how i think, but can it be too big with the baffles suppressing to much air flow that the bullet losses to much power, or can the limits of to big be bound the (width) getting it way of the sights, and (length) being too long to make maneuverable to swing around and have to most pulling down pressure on the barrel to also effect the rang and accuracy of the gun?????

Just want to learn all i can about how they work and dynamics of the and reasons being... Thanks for info guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Is bigger better???

Your best bet is to go to silencertalk.com and they have a really good gunsmithing section with loads of info for making your own can...once you have the approval!

I have been thinking of making a 12g can some time in the future. Form 1s are fun!