Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Question on CC etiquette

So, I will be doing my first CCing this weekend at my brothers girlfriends place. Background if needed. He has a pistol probably hasn't shot it in years. He use to own a lever action rifle sold it years ago. His girlfriend is liberal and I have no idea what her views on guns are. Question, should I let them know I am CCing? I will be carrying a full size double stack .45 under a baggy shirt. I don't care if I print. Any other CC etiquette replies are welcome.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Question on CC etiquette

Concealed is concealed, however if it's not your place and you're found out and asked to leave or put it away you'd be wise to comply, from an etiquette standpoint.

I do it all the time at my wife's parents, don't think her father would care, her mother might, although we've been shooting with both of them. I'd put it in the lock box I have in my car if it turned out to be a problem, gotta keep the peace ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Concealed is concealed, however if it's not your place and you're found out and asked to leave or put it away you'd be wise to comply, from an etiquette standpoint.

I do it all the time at my wife's parents, don't think her father would care, her mother might, although we've been shooting with both of them. I'd put it in the lock box I have in my car if it turned out to be a problem, gotta keep the peace ya know.

No question, if either of them objected it would be put away.

(Chester County)

1) Concealed means concealed. Out of sight, out of mind. Ignorance is bliss. Etc, etc.

2) If you do happen to get called on it in someone else's house, and they are opposed to it, the proper/polite thing to do would be secure it in your vehicle. +1 on keeping the peace.

3) See #1

Peace will be kept. My sis and bro in law have a sailboat that she was interested in learning about. Maybe she will be interested in learning about guns. Time will tell.

(Delaware County)

JMO. If I was found to be cc by someone who dosen't like it and I was in their home I would try to start a polite and civil disscussion. If they were not convinced to see things with a little more of an open mind I would put it away. Depending on the relationship with this person I may not go back in the future.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

My best friend is really against guns. It could be the neighborhood she lives in that makes her believes that guns are only used by bad guys and the police. I made sure my first attempt at concealed carry was at her house. i figured that if i am carrying correctly, she will never know that i have it in the first place and I was correct and she still doesn't know. the day she finds out is the day I know i failed.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    1) Concealed means concealed. Out of sight, out of mind. Ignorance is bliss. Etc, etc.

2) If you do happen to get called on it in someone else's house, and they are opposed to it, the proper/polite thing to do would be secure it in your vehicle. +1 on keeping the peace.

3) See #1

Yep.. The whole point of concealing a gun is not to let others know you're carrying. Otherwise you might as well openly carry it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    So, I will be doing my first CCing this weekend at my brothers girlfriends place. Background if needed. He has a pistol probably hasn't shot it in years. He use to own a lever action rifle sold it years ago. His girlfriend is liberal and I have no idea what her views on guns are. Question, should I let them know I am CCing? I will be carrying a full size double stack .45 under a baggy shirt. I don't care if I print. Any other CC etiquette replies are welcome.
    I'm curious. On which state's permit or license will you be carrying concealed?
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

Very observant Grasshopper. I just got my FL non-resi.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast