Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default No firearms allowed

Was informed by an owner at Subway (the sandwich shop) that the company has a national policy of NO firearms allowed in shops! I informed the owner I would no longer eat there and left with out ordering.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Franklin County)

Default Re: No firearms allowed

Are you going to contact Corporate and confirm this? While it's his right as owner to have such a policy at his shop, it would be nice to confirm if he's blowing smoke on the "national" policy.

BTW - did you mention you were a Constable? Do they forbid on duty police/LEO from patronizing their establishments?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, it was my understanding that all subways where franchise's, so they wouldnt have any kind of "nationwide policy".

I may be wrong.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    ... it would be nice to confirm if he's blowing smoke on the "national" policy.
    That would be my guess (blowing smoke).

I've open carried in 4 different "Subway" shops that I can remember. One probably at least a dozen times.

It would be interesting to find out what corp says. If nothing else so you can take the reply to the owner if it is counter to his claim.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    Was informed by an owner at Subway (the sandwich shop) that the company has a national policy of NO firearms allowed in shops! I informed the owner I would no longer eat there and left with out ordering.
    Just curious since you didn't give much detail...

How did this come up?
    What prompted the owner to give you this "info"?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Yeah there aren't any "corporate" owned Subway restaurants. They are all franchise owned. So the nationwide thing is bogus. If it is a nationwide thing, then I would imagine my subway has never heard of it cause I have OC'ed in there MANY times and haven never had a word mentioned about it.

I called Subway before about this, and they told me there is no company policy with regards to the carrying of firearms. So, I'm guessing it's up to the individual store owners/managers. I can tell you that most of the Subways here in Ohio are not posted (unfortunately, signs do matter in this state...), and at least one Subway I normally go to knows I carry, and have no problems with it at all. In fact, the manager at one Subway was asking me how to get a license. Which one was this you were at? Needless to say, I'd find another Subway to go at, since I find most do not seem to say anything about it (of course, I never OC at one, the owner only knew about me since I told him I carry when he was telling me how the store was robbed recently).

(Berks County)

In the end, it doesn't matter what their policy is if you conceal. You CC, walk in, no one notices, everyone's blissfully happy. You CC, they see it, they ask you to leave, you leave. If you are legally carrying, all they can do is ask you to leave, and that'll be hard for them to do if they don't know you're carrying.

As far as the patronage goes, I completely understand. If you know in advance they don't support the rights of every citizen to KBA, then there's no reason to give them your hard-earned money.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    In the end, it doesn't matter what their policy is if you conceal. You CC, walk in, no one notices, everyone's blissfully happy. You CC, they see it, they ask you to leave, you leave. If you are legally carrying, all they can do is ask you to leave, and that'll be hard for them to do if they don't know you're carrying.

As far as the patronage goes, I completely understand. If you know in advance they don't support the rights of every citizen to KBA, then there's no reason to give them your hard-earned money.
    Unfortunatly is not always an institution you can just avoid. Locally we have a college with such signs (CCAC Boyce campus for one) and a hospital that post "No Fire Arms Allowed". The one at Boyce campus does not allow even permit holders to carry. I am not sure about the one at the hospital.

I am real upset about the one at CCAC as it is a public institution that is paid for by state and county funds. I do not see how they can circumvent state law...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokamak View Post
    Unfortunatly is not always an institution you can just avoid. Locally we have a college with such signs (CCAC Boyce campus for one) and a hospital that post "No Fire Arms Allowed". The one at Boyce campus does not allow even permit holders to carry. I am not sure about the one at the hospital.

I am real upset about the one at CCAC as it is a public institution that is paid for by state and county funds. I do not see how they can circumvent state law...
    Simply put...they can't. If you are found with a weapon at CCAC and you are a student, they can expel you if you are visiting, they can ask you to leave, and if you don't, they can have you arrested for trespassing. If you are at the hospital they can ask you to leave. This does not include places like the VA since I think thye fall under federal facilities.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast