Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Someone just got clipped across the street

My ma and I were returning from Target and there are a bunch of police cars and a news van in the parking lot adjacent to the projects, right across from my building. Asked the cop and he said someone got shot.

Went upstairs to ask my upstairs neighbors if they saw what was going on. They said no, but they thought they heard 4 gunshots just a few minutes earlier. The girl seemed a bit upset.

My ma said earlier today she saw a crack whore yelling at a guy, and my ma and the young man sitting on the stoop were just laughing their asses off. Could be related but my Spidey Senses tell me no-- however it was a nice atmospheric set-up for the shooting to follow later in the evening.

It's been a while since the last shooting in the neighborhood, though there was a bludgeoning murder just up the street a few months ago-- they found a girl's body crumpled up and stuffed inside a closet.

I'm so jaded at this point that this kind of shit doesn't scare me, but rather strike me as interesting occurences, a bit of local color in an otherwise boring and depressing city. Oh well...
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Someone just got clipped across the street

living in the city sounds exciting
    In God We Trust............................

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    living in the city sounds exciting
    Except it's not. Hartford is boring as hell. I've lived in Philly, NYC and Boston (among other places)-- those really were exciting cities. The most excitement you get in Hartford, like I said, is the crazy antics of baseheads and murders.

But I got a couple of job interviews lined up, one in Jersey the other in Philly-- they both pay a lot more than I make now-- so with any luck I'll be out of this depressing dump soon enough.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post

I'm so jaded at this point that this kind of shit doesn't scare me, but rather strike me as interesting occurences, a bit of local color in an otherwise boring and depressing city. Oh well...
    I'm assuming you're still rather young. It's a sad commentary on our society that this doesn't bother you.

No reflection on you personally EVD.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I'm assuming you're still rather young. It's a sad commentary on our society that this doesn't bother you.

No reflection on you personally EVD.
    31, and it does bother me, just not nearly as much as I know it should. Watched the news report, from what I can gather 2 men in ski masks confronted the victim and demanded money, the victim basically told them to go fuck themselves, and then he was shot.

It's a little scarier now that I know it was a random mugging (a lot of these shootings are personal or financial disputes between people who know each other). Anyhow, I hope the victim pulls through, as of the broadcast he was in critical condition.