Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Cheaper Than Dirt, ethics lower than dirt

I ordered some .416 Rigby ammo from cheaperthandirt.com. To do this I clicked on Ammunition, then Rifle Ammunition, then .416 Rigby. There were 12 choices I chose a box of Norma, 2 boxes of Hornady and 3 boxes of Federal Fusion. I have a new rifle and bought the 3 boxes of fusion as a less expensive way of seasoning my barrel. I know I should have checked more closely, but I was in a section of their website which was supposed to show only .416 Rigby. The Fusion ammo was actually .416 Remington Magnum! I know they don't allow the return of ammo, but I felt they should help me out here since there was an item listed incorrectly on their website. I went to the website to get the phone number to call and discuss this problem. I also double checked that the item was indeed in a section that should only have .416 Rigby ammo. It WAS there. While I was talking to their customer dis-service representative, I was put on hold for an extended period of time. I had a hunch that something was up so I saved the html. Funny thing, when the lady got back on the line she apologized for the delay and said they were "just checking the website" to see if the item was in that section. Wouldn't you know it, the item was NOT in that section! I must be a complete dunce! They have no intention to make things right, although the lady said she would have someone from customer service get back to me. "I asked to speak to customer service. Aren't you in customer service?" No, she said she couldn't help me any further. I have recommended them to people in the past. I won't make that mistake again. Does anyone know how to send an HTML page I have saved so I can post the before and after the phone call web pages?

(Washington County)

Default Re: Cheaper Than Dirt, ethics lower than dirt

Print it as a PDF, or do a screen capture.

For a screen capture, hit that "printscreen" button and past into your outlook editor, or photo editor. Or if using windows 7, use the "Snipping tool" (shame on you if you didnt read the "whats new" and missed this).

Bullzip PDF maker is about the easiest to use and is free if you want to just do the PDF thing.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Cheaper Than Dirt, ethics lower than dirt

As a nominally un-common caliber, my thought would be, to take it to your next gun show, and see if you can swap it with someone there. It's not your money back, but at least it gets you the ammo you need.

(Philadelphia County)

Why are people still buying from CTD??

Weren't they price gouging like CRAZY during the Obama scare??

I specifically remember seeing 50 rounds of .380 for $69.95. I even confirmed with a CS representative, and he told me that the price reflected new market values, and if I didn't buy it, the next person would.

I never did business with them again.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Montgomery County)

Thanks, that's a good suggestion!

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: Cheaper Than Dirt, ethics lower than dirt

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Why are people still buying from CTD??

Weren't they price gouging like CRAZY during the Obama scare??
    Pshaw, you say!

ACTUAL screen shot from election eve, 2008, FYI.

Ooops.

(Philadelphia County)

cheaper than dirt is not cheaper than dirt. there shipping charges are not cheaper than dirt. dirt

dirt

(Montgomery County)

OK, So here are the CTD web pages before and after. (if this works)
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Beaver County)

I hate cheaper than dirt. I ordered some Remington golden saber JHPs a while ago and seriously, half of the box looked like the rounds looked like crap. Quite a few bullets pushed way down in the casings specifically. So scratch them for ammo. I also used to order parts for my guns before I developed some TASTE and decided not to put plastic ATI shit and the like on my guns anymore. They carry predominantly junk in my opinion and their shipping charges are OUTRAGEOUS! Seriously almost twice compared to the other places I shop! To ship the same shit! I deal with MidwayUSA and Joe Bob Outfitters. Both of which I cannot say enough good things about. If I can't get it from them, I try to find it on Ebay or Amazon. Once in a while I try new places but usually regret it.

Their name reflects their product quality, not their prices.

For what that ammo costs, I'd be a LOT more upset than you are. How much are you out?
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; May 23rd, 2011 at 07:42 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: Cheaper Than Dirt, ethics lower than dirt

File a contestation of charges with Visa.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast