Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pistol to Rifle

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pistol to Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    YOU said NO paperwork is needed for a handgun to a rifle. This is INCORRECT. You put a rifle stock on a DRACO ak you better damn well PAPER it, it's now an SBR.
    yeah, yeah. If you put only a stock in a pistol, I agree. But if you put a 16.5" barrel and a stock on it, it's a RIFLE,seeing as it would not qualify for SBR, and therefore would not require the NFA paperwork. That is what knight has been trying to say.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Pistol to Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    YOU said NO paperwork is needed for a handgun to a rifle. This is INCORRECT. You put a rifle stock on a DRACO ak you better damn well PAPER it, it's now an SBR. Secondly, A rifle is a rifle like a duck is a duck. Dont matter how short or long the barrel is, it's still a rifle regardless of it's class Title I or II, They both go on paper, either a form 4 or 1 or a 4473 as a rifle, unless built from a virgin receiver, of course.

No paperwork is needed to change a handgun into a Title I rifle.

A "rifle" is a Title I firearm just like the handgun. A SBR is NOT a "rifle" legally. It is a "Short Barreled Rifle", a Title II firearm. It takes the extreme definition of the firearm because of it's controlled measurements.

You do need paperwork to change a handgun into a "Short Barreled Rifle". But not a "rifle". If someone puts a stock on a <16" barreled Draco AK, he wont be making a "rifle", he will be making a "short barreled rifle". Yeah, sure.. Short Barreled Rifles are "rifles" just to the mere fact that they have a shoulderstock, but it is the Frogs & Toads thing. And there is a legal difference between a "rifle" and a "short barreled rifle", just like there is zoological difference between "frog" and "toad."

If you all do not believe me, here is the federal definitions, I'll will state it again.. ....you do NOT need any paperwork to change a handgun into a "rifle." Which is what I have been saying for the last umpteen million replies to this thread.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...1----000-.html

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 921
    Prev | Next
    § 921. Definitions

(7) The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.
    (8) The term “short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.
    Last edited by knight0334; May 21st, 2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typos
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123