Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CCI Blazer 22LR

(Delaware County)

Question CCI Blazer 22LR

I'm going through different .22 lr ammo to see what works best... My primary go-to was the Walmart Federal Bulk Packs, but I did recently have a round go off in a revolver, next to the one under the firing pin, that was an eye opener. Not so much that, 'cause I have shot thousands of them and that was the first "failure" I have had, but they are not steady. There are alot of underpowered rounds in every box but hey, they are cheap.

For "bulk" I'm looking at the CCI Blazers. 40gr LRN.

I'll be using them in MKIII's, revolvers, semi auto, bolt and lever action .22 rifles.

Anyone have good things to say about the Blazers? I like and have used most all the varieties of CCI's .22lr stuff, but have not used the Blazers.

Thanks!

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: CCI Blazer 22LR

All 22s like a particular diet, at least mine do.
    I use the Blazers in my suppressed Buckmark and suppressed GSG5PK SBR. They seem to be the same sound as CCI Std Vel and a few bucks cheaper/brick. They dont seem to have as much wax on the tips either.
    They function just fine in my AR22 kits. But i like the hotter HV stuff like the Fed packs and Mini Mags for those.

The only thing they wont work in is my Rommie WASR AK22. I had to tune the extractor to run CCI Std Vel. The Blazers would extract/eject everywhere except out the ejection port of the dust cover.
    Oh yeah, they wont run in my M11/22 kit either, too weak.

Buy a few 50rd boxes and give them a try.
    Then start buying by the case

(Indiana County)

Default Re: CCI Blazer 22LR

I've purchased a pile of Blazer .22's in the past few months. They work great and are very accurate in my Mark II & Mark III, GSG 1911 and several S&W 22 revolvers. A little more smoke than CCI Min-mag, but they print to the same point and are nearly as accurate. The only gun that wouldn't function reliably with them is my wife's Sig Mosquito- and it won't work with Federal Champion or American Eagle.

As others said- try a few boxes and if it works, snap some up on sale. Many gun shops put the 525 round bulk pack Blazer on sale for $16.50-$18.50, which beats Walfart. My three local Walfarts don't sell bricks or bulk 22 anymore. They only have Winchester 333 and 100 round packs of a few other types. Since they brought firearms back to all things Chinese, their ammo selection bites the big one.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER, GOA, SAF, PAFOA