Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Kimber .22 conversion kit

I got my Kimber .22 conversion kit for my Stainless II from Midway yesterday and got out this morning to test it out. I couldn't be happier with the way it performed. I shot 1050 rounds of Remington high velocity hollow points and had only 3 failures. One was a stovepipe, one was an FTF, and the third was a FTE because the case split. As you can see from the targets the accuracy was excellent. The first magazine I shot was about 2 inches low at 7yds. It took two rounds of adjustments to get the sights dead on. The three groups in the picture were shot while standing and resting the pistol. The only drawback that I can see after one day at the range is that the slide does not lock back when the gun is empty. I also kind of wish I would have bought the black one instead of the silver one. I have an ultra carry with a silver aluminum frame and blued slide and I think the stainless would have looked cool with the black slide. I wasn't sure what to expect from a .22 conversion but so far I'm very happy--its a great way to cheaply practice with one of my carry guns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Kimber .22 conversion kit

I have a Kimber conversion I use on my PT1911, and also have a complete Kimber Rimfire Target pistol. Both are outstanding shooters.
    Word to the wise, never use the slidestop to release the slide-always use the slingshot method. Kimber will send you a new slidestop if you call and tell them it's not working properly. A good cleaning may help, but your slide's notch appears to be a little rounded-maybe square it up with a fine file and cure your lock back problems.
    My Best, Walt

(Erie County)

Default Re: Kimber .22 conversion kit

Thanks for the advice, Walt. I split another 1000 rounds today between my Kimber conversion and my S&W 617--gotta love the .22's these days with the price of ammo.