Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Friends of NRA 2008

Thought I would share this. They start in February and go on until September in various parts of the state. If you've never been to one I recommend them, they're fun, you support the NRA & also YOUR community.

http://www.friendsofnra.org/Events.aspx?sid=39&sc=PA

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Friends of NRA 2008

+1.

They are fun and make for a good night out, with a chance at winning alot of good firearms and other stuff. I go to the Lancaster one every year and went to the Rising Sun,Md one last year also. I haven't won a gun yet, but a few of my friends have won guns and one of them won the big Liberty gun safe.
    I just got my tickets in the mail on thursday. We got 10 guys going in our party, which gets you a reserved table.

I too feel it is a good place for gun owners to meet and greet, and should be attended by everyone at least once.

mike

(Allegheny County)

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area want to get a group to go to a local one?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

What do they do at these meeting? What is the cost?

(Allegheny County)

What is Friends of NRA?
    Friends of NRA is an exciting grassroots fund-raising program that fosters community involvement, raises money and gives 100% of the net proceeds to qualified local, state and national programs. Thanks to dedicated individuals across America, Friends of NRA is making a difference. Working with NRA's Field Staff, thousands of volunteers nationwide are participating in the program by organizing committees and planning events in their communities.

At each event, participants have an opportunity to bid on a variety of merchandise, including firearms, artwork and outdoor gear.

What can I expect at a Friends of NRA Event?
    The format is simple-food, fun, family and fund-raising. Whether you are a hunter, competitive shooter or just a proud gun owner, Friends of NRA events have something of interest for the entire family. Events include dinner followed by exciting auctions and special drawings for unique and collectible merchandise. Attendees bid on items from the standard Friends of NRA merchandise package, as well as special products and services donated to specific events by local businesses and community members. "Friends of NRA merchandise includes very desirable limited edition firearms, wildlife art from popular artists, jewelry, and shooting sports, hunting and outdoor equipment. Events offer every participant an opportunity to take home valuable merchandise and enjoyable memories," said Rich D'Alauro, NRA Senior Field Representative for lower New York, upper New Jersey, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

How are event funds distributed?
    All net proceeds benefit The NRA Foundation, with half allocated to fund projects within the state where the money was raised. The NRA Foundation uses the other half to fund similar projects with a national scope. Friends of NRA committee volunteers are appointed to a State Fund Committee and make recommendations for local grant funding. To date, The NRA Foundation has funded more than 15,000 state fund grants for a total of $100 million, including but not limited to: youth firearms safety and education programs; hunter education; range development and improvement; support materials for training classes; women's safety classes; and wildlife conservation efforts. Recognizing that America's young people represent the future of the shooting sports, State Fund Committee grants frequently target youth programs, allocating more than 50% of grant monies to this important area.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

There are other organizations in your community this supports as well.
    This is one I go out of my way for:
    http://www.huntofalifetime.org/

VOLUNTEER

I am a hunt of a lifetime volunteer.
    I am not paid in money, I get much much more.
    Making dreams come true is what I do.
    I am a volunteer , listen there's more.

Seeing a child's smile, being part of the dream is all I need
    To move me to do more, really it's not a chore.
    Only dreams unfulfilled make me blue.
    But what can you do ?
    I am a volunteer , I can do so much more.

Every child deserves to see all of natures glory, to hunt , fish and explore.
    I will do my part as long as I have my health.
    Because every dream granted just adds to my wealth.
    I am a volunteer, I wish I could do more.

I seek not fame or glory, I am thankful to be part of the story.
    I try to make a difference, for we all know what's in store .
    I am just a volunteer , but to these children I am so much more.
    -EJ carter
    Last edited by P89; January 10th, 2008 at 10:33 PM.