Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Angry Finger print issue. Just me?

Let me start this off I live under South Pymatuning Township district, with a Sharpsville address which is 1 mile from the Hermitage, PA Police Dept.

I went and did the training for my Utah Non-Res Permit. Which includes the finger print card. So I brought the card with me to the Hermitage PD just up the street from my house. I asked them if I could get my finger prints done. They asked if I live in Hermitage I said not any more I live in South Py. Then they asked me if I worked in Hermitage again, I told them no. Then they told me to leave. Just like that. I only officially moved out of Hermitage this year. But come on it is just a finger print. I don't understand why they couldn't do it right there.

Now for my job I have been requested to do finger prints every 5 years for my security clearance and I normally just do it where ever I am working at the time. So this really just threw me. Guess I just chalk it up to another reason I am glad to be out of Hermitage City district.

Next time I am home I will try Sharpsville and then South PY just to have the knowledge for future reference.

Default Re: Finger print issue. Just me?

You could call the PSP station near you, they might do it. That seems to vary by station.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    You could call the PSP station near you, they might do it. That seems to vary by station.
    I agree, you will probably have more luck at the PSP.

But I really cant understand why so many police stations have an issue with doing finger prints.

Thats part of their job for Christ sakes.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Finger print issue. Just me?

DONT FORGET ....do a self search before going.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I agree, you will probably have more luck at the PSP.

But I really cant understand why so many police stations have an issue with doing finger prints.

Thats part of their job for Christ sakes.
    Yeah.... but commit a crime and they'll just be so anxious to get your prints

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yozick View Post
    I told them no. Then they told me to leave. Just like that. .
    There is no basis for rude behavior in any job. It is wise to take mental notes when dealing with people, names, descriptions, time etc.

I'd feel better (even if nothing came of it) to make a complaint for being treated with disrespect. Find their chief's phone number and give him a call.

ANYONE with a workin forebrain can handle telling someone "no" without coming across like a jackass.

Unfortunately, Law Enforcement attracts some really stupid people who lose all self control and respect for the public once they are hired.

I'm old enough now to count among my friends some veteran law enforcement folks. They haven't 'burned out' enough to where they can't say to a person "Im sorry mr. X, but our department policy restricts our voluntary fingerprinting to those folks who do business or who live in our township"...

See? polite and police are only one letter apart....
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Mercer County)

OK here is my follow up.

I went to the next local station to me in Sharpsville, PA. Again I was told that because I dont live in Sharpsville local I cant get it done there. And even if I could I would need an appointment. And they would need to get someone in to do it. This was from the Police Chief himself. Doesn't every officer have to know how to do finger prints?

So I left there and drove another 5miles away to what is supposed to be my houses police station. I walked in and 2 officers were inside. I ask who I could talk to to get some finger prints done. One officer said he could take care of it for me. Then in a joking manner asked me what I did. I explained it was for the Utah Carry Conceal Permit. He told me the was great and its good to know there are people out there getting permits and carrying incase an office ever needs a hand.

Over all terrible experiences with two of my local police stations. But on the plus side then officers that actually park up the street from my house seem like a good set of guys. And my finger prints are done.

(Lawrence County)

Good job finding good officers who were willing to actually do their jobs... The other officers probably figured since you didn't live in their jurisdiction they didn't have to worry about doing it and that it wasn't their job... Some people are like that... It's far easier to send you somewhere else than to just do it... If the chief of police can't fingerprint someone, I think it's time to find a new chief... lol

How did I rep you once and it went from a single grey square to 7 greens? lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Mercer County)

No clue about the rep thing but thank you. (edit: seems I got another rep soon after you did yours chaz)

And yea its funny how people work so hard not to do their jobs. Esp when it only takes five minutes.
    Last edited by Yozick; May 27th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: Finger print issue. Just me?

FYI Most p.d.'s will only accomodate residents of their jurisdiction when it comes to fingerprinting for job or utah carry permits etc. that's usually not the officers choice as it is by direction of higher ups9town mgrs . mayors etc, chiefs) so don't be so dam hard on the officers...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast