Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Harrisburg Gun Show - Metcalf Gunshows

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeltaForce View Post
    @ cz45man: The answer to your question is in the very first post. This show is now only 1,200 tables.

York and Valley Forge are now larger shows. York now runs 1,500 tables!! I remember 7, 8, 9 years ago Harrisburg was the largest around with 2,000 tables.

Like I said before, York now beats Harrisburg show, and it's cheaper to get in. SAD. That's ok....I live in York anyway! Haha!

- TheDeltaForce
    The once a year York SARS show is 1,500 tables, the regular York show is only 600 tables.

(Cumberland County)

The extra $ sucks, but Harrisburg is the best show by far. IMO York use to be a close second, but I was very unimpressed with the last two. I figure I spend an extra $8 or $10 bucks to get into Harrisburg, but then again save about the same on gas vs travelling to York - and always leave with a lot of great deals. Last time I left the York show, I only had two boxes of girls scout cookies to show for my day I am sure I will be happy with the next York show, they usually are good - but again imo, not nearly as good as Harrisburg.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Last time I left the York show, I only had two boxes of girls scout cookies to show for my day
    You say that like its a bad thing.
    I would have cost me four boxes. Two to get me out the door to the truck, and the other two get hold me over going out of the parking lot.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Harrisburg Gun Show - Metcalf Gunshows

mechanicsburg ordnance wii be there. we were at york show(was the sar show not this time). no way on the 1500 tables, plus alot of junk dealers. hell the fudge seller did better than some of the gun dealers. just talked to the promoter for hbg. he said he over sold the show and it's been moved to the new building. we'll be there again, the summer shows are hit and miss on sales for numerous reasons. hope to see you all there, stop and say high. it would be nice to meet some of you. red dog

(York County)

Well......I guess I'll bite the bullet and go since I'm hearing it might be half decent.

I am looking to trade off 300 rounds of Fiocchi .223 w/ Hornady V-max tipped bullets for 9mm ammo.

I am also looking to purchase a brand new EMF/ATI Just Right Carbine in 9mm. I saw a guy had them at the York Show for like $450.00!!! (Kicking myself for not buying it on the spot!)

So if anyone is interested in trading ammo, or if you have an the above carbine rifle, please let me know and I'll meet you there!!!

Thanks,
    - TheDeltaForce

(Lycoming County)

Does anybody know if Sarco will be setup? I know they were at York and I believe Philly.

(Mifflin County)

I have 800 rounds of Winchester 22LR that I need to dispose. They will not work in my Sig Mosquito. Please reply if interested.

(Perry County)

The cost of entry doesn't seem to stop most people. The last few I've gone to have been packed.

Planning on going tomorrow. Looking for a few things.

(Allegheny County)

My buddy and I are going tomorrow. Mostly just for something to do, but I am looking to pick up some 7.5 Swiss ammo and some Glock mags.

(Perry County)

I got there after 10 and while i had to park at the opposite end, it didn't seem like there that many people there. certainly not packed like the last one i went to.

I went in looking for a RIA compact 1911, a complete AR15 or AR15 lower, or a 98k Mauser.

I saw 2 98k Mausers - 1 in 30.06 and 1 in 8mm but the price just want right for the 8mm and I didn't want one in 30.06.

Saw a used (but supposedly unfired) RIA compact for $387. I almost bought it but decided to pass as it wasn't really something I needed and was sort of lower on the list.

Couldn't find a complete AR15 that I liked in a price range I liked so I ended up just buying a stripped lower.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast