Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: cz82 firing dao

(Cumberland County)

Question cz82 firing dao

got a customers cz in the shop and it's firing dao. checked it out and ejector pin was so loose it would slide back and forth in the frame. the slide had nibbled away at it to the point it was to short to reach from one side of the frame to the other, made a new one and installed it. also the sear spring was not correctly installed, the spring end was not tucked under the automatic safety, fixed that. test fired and still have the same dao problem. any other ideas? i'm not totally familiar this gun it has 50 sum parts and i hate the idea of doing a total teardown but if needed i'll go for it. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance red dog

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: cz82 firing dao

Did someone drop in another hammer?

Check the hammer for damage. I wouldn't be surprised if someone took a file to it.

Basically, the gun has two sears if it works like most other CZ's.. One that works in DA mode that will drop the hammer before it reaches full cock/stroke........ and another that will drop the hammer once it cocks in SA mode.

If you rack the slide does the hammer stay back? If it does, then the DA sear needs rounded at the bottom to release earlier.

Lycan???thrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: cz82 firing dao

thanks lycanthrope for the info i'll check it out after work today. this gun was bought from one of the major wholesalers, not shot and sent off to be refinished. so there is no telling if it was altered, not assembled correctly or just worn initially. i'll keep my fingers crossed it seems to be a well made gun though i don't see a advantage to the caliber. the customer likes it so thats all that really matters it would be nice if i could get it to function for him.

(Cumberland County)

Talking Re: cz82 firing dao

update, gun works like a champ now. it all came down to the sear spring install. sear spring also operates the auto safety. the top leg of the sear spring must be beneath the auto safety to operate correctly. yes you must be a octopuss and know the correct sequence to get said spring where it belongs.

Default Re: cz82 firing dao

Good job.

The CZ-82 (and 83) looks a bit dated because the design IS a bit dated, but they are very solid, well-built, and totally reliable pistols. They are also easy and comfortable to shoot. I'm glad you were able to get it running for the guy.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: cz82 firing dao

greywolf, they seem to be well built but are a bit complicated internally. i'm a glock fan, less parts = less problems. anyhow i'm impressed how well built and how well they shoot. if you want to see it look under pistols sub forum, the owner posted it there under cz82 project. happy shooting, red dog