Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Conestoga Rod & Gun Club - Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman42 View Post
    Please do and mention that you are a prospective member......match fee is $3 and guest fee is $5..........suggest you get there by 6:45PM!
    Ill stop by to check out the facility. Though I will be unarmed

... and probably stink. It's been a long day. :P

(Montgomery County)

I was there from 7:15 to about 8:00pm. Met a few nice guys and got a tour lead by the Vice-Pres. Overall a very cool little club.

Unfortunately, no-one there seemed to know what PAFOA was let alone knew about this topic. I kinda looked like a dumbass. :P

(Bucks County)

my buddy and I went. We were there and left at about 7PM.

The place is small, but I will be back to shoot some .22 matches. I am interested in getting started in competition both .22 9MM and shot gun(clays).

I have never done this but want to challenge myself to get better and have fun.

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: Conestoga Rod & Gun Club - Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    I was there from 7:15 to about 8:00pm. Met a few nice guys and got a tour lead by the Vice-Pres. Overall a very cool little club.

Unfortunately, no-one there seemed to know what PAFOA was let alone knew about this topic. I kinda looked like a dumbass. :P
    Glad you were able to drop by the Club and see the facilities. I did send you a PM before reading this post, so please disregard.

You are right not everyone is aware of PAFOA, I happen to be and try to spread the word about a great Club that can fit the needs of many shooters. Look at it this way not everyone is aware of Conestoga as well!

Hope you decide to join!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    my buddy and I went. We were there and left at about 7PM.

The place is small, but I will be back to shoot some .22 matches. I am interested in getting started in competition both .22 9MM and shot gun(clays).

I have never done this but want to challenge myself to get better and have fun.
    Glad to hear that you were able to see the Club. Hope you were able to meet up with some members to answer any questions......If you have anymore questions, please ask them here and I'll get back to you!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutz13 View Post
    Rugerman42...please PM me with a good route to travel from Jenkintown to the club

Thanks !!
    I do have a little bit of a short-cut,but let me give you the "main road" directions. From Rt 611 take Valley Road to Rt 63 (Welsh Rd). Right on Welsh Road to Huntingdon Pike. Left on Huntingdon Pike..and stay straight on Huntingdon Pike until Knowles (Ave or Street). Knowles comes in past County Line Rd and just after all the "shopping centers" on Huntingdon Pike. At Knowles (Dunkin Donuts is on left) make a right and go to next red light which is Street Road. Make a left on Street Road, stay in left lane and Club entrance is on the left about 300 yards. The entrance is steep initially then downhill....PLEASE NOTE you can ONLY enter the Club from this direction...do NOT try to enter going EAST on Street Road.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Rugerman42; June 29th, 2011 at 11:37 AM.

(Bucks County)

Gonna try to make it out tonight. Bringing the M9 and the brand-new, never been fired Beretta U22 Neos
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Went out last night for a match and met a couple of the guys. It is a small place. Unfortunately it was military match night and my brand new U22 stayed in the box.

I was able to pick up an application and currently debating membership.

My biggest "cons" are the following:
    ~ Lack of A/C on the range... got a little warm.
    ~ Only 2 FMJ lanes, and guests are not supposed to use them (they made and exception for me since I didn't know and FMJ is all I shoot through the M9)
    ~ The ventilation needs some working. After 1 round there was a lot of smoke in the air. After I left, I was tasting cordite for a couple of hours. It explains why a couple guys were wearing respirators.
    ~ Watch the flying brass!
    ~ Club is 24/7, but due to a cranky neighbor the range is only open 8am-11pm.

On the "pro" side:
    ~ Nice guys
    ~ Good options for matches and improving skills
    ~ Price
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Went out last night for a match and met a couple of the guys. It is a small place. Unfortunately it was military match night and my brand new U22 stayed in the box.

~ Only 2 FMJ lanes, and guests are not supposed to use them (they made and exception for me since I didn't know and FMJ is all I shoot through the M9)
    ~ The ventilation needs some working. After 1 round there was a lot of smoke in the air. After I left, I was tasting cordite for a couple of hours. It explains why a couple guys were wearing respirators.

On the "pro" side:
    ~ Nice guys
    ~ Price
    Glad you were able to check out the Club.

You are certainly correct during the Military and Defense matches (center fire pistols) the brass is flying and smoke can get thick given the number of shooters and rounds fired. The rimfire matches however do not promote the smokey conditions...but depending upon the type of match the brass can still fly........overall just great fun!!!!

Conestoga is a great Club that may not meet all needs, but one that offers value to it's members and guests!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post

On the "pro" side:
    ~ Nice guys
    ~ Price
    This was not mentioned to me during my visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman42 View Post
    Glad you were able to check out the Club.

You are certainly correct during the Military and Defense matches (center fire pistols) the brass is flying and smoke can get thick given the number of shooters and rounds fired. The rimfire matches however do not promote the smokey conditions...but depending upon the type of match the brass can still fly........overall just great fun!!!!

Conestoga is a great Club that may not meet all needs, but one that offers value to it's members and guests!
    Since I picked up my Taurus 689 I have renewed my interest in this club. When is the next club meeting scheduled?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast