Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Q3131@ Shydas

(Berks County)

Default Q3131@ Shydas

Went to use my gift certificate this morning,happened to glance at the floor ammo. A freshly opened case of Winnie Q3131 with just a few boxes gone sitting on a full case of the same. Started grabbing boxes,then I noticed the price- $8.99/20. Yeah I know Shydas price is fair,I shop there all the time-but I just HATE spending that much a box.

Then my little voice told me to look to my right-past the $4.59/20 Wolf. There was a couple cases of P/P M193 for $6.99/20. OK,still too much but the way things are today better than the Q3131. They shoot the same in my AR,and I'll reload either of them so I grabbed some M193 from Yugoslavia.

Can't believe I left U.S. made ammo on the shelf and left with other stuff. Being in school sucks,I can't wait to graduate!!
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Q3131@ Shydas

Lots of reports of blown out primers with Privi M193. Couple guys using a case for a class reported that the problem was so bad both their guns went down because there were primers stuck in the trigger mechanism

(Berks County)

Where was this at? I haven't had any problems yet,unless you count not being able to DEPRIME the darn cases.

I already broke a pin in my RCBS decapping die,and have had a couple where the primer stretched and TORE THROUGH but didn't come outta the crimp.

(Berks County)

Can't believe I left U.S. made ammo on the shelf and left with other stuff
    I do it all the time anymore, only US made ammo I have been using a lot of is the stuff I reload myself.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Berks County)

You wouldn't be shootin' any in that FAL kit I sold you would you?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Where was this at? I haven't had any problems yet,unless you count not being able to DEPRIME the darn cases.

I already broke a pin in my RCBS decapping die,and have had a couple where the primer stretched and TORE THROUGH but didn't come outta the crimp.
    1 report came from an LMS carbine class, student reported he shot about 3000 rounds of the stuff with no problems, the last 2000, nothing but problems. An instructor for another class echoed the report saying he also had problems with blown primers stuck under the trigger assembly. Yet another reported putting the rounds through his M249 and audibly hearing load inconsistencies.

So, basically, it's inconsistently loaded and some times dangerously overpressure.