Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Hi guys new member here! Nice to meet you all! Supressor request

Hi guys just got a Walthers P22 and Phoniex .22 cal. Looking to get a supressor for my Walthers p22 I saw the Outback II by gemtech but its quiet expensive. Are there any cheaper methods?

I kind of like the outback because of its size. Its not long and bulky and looks and performs really nice. I fired one recently and I really liked it after the 2nd shot : )

Any ideas or any one wanting to get rid of one please P.M me.

Thanks and nice meeting Yall

-Matt

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Hi guys new member here! Nice to meet you all! Supressor request

If your looking for cheap go with the YHM mite, while not the quietest, it gets the job done and is not "loud" by any means either. I believe they retail about $250. I have one on my p22 and it cylces fine and does its job. If i was "on the job" and needed the quietest I would chose something else. But for backyard, dont scare the neighbors shooting, it works fine.

(Montgomery County)

I would not cheap out on the can you want. There is no real resale market for used cand and don't forget the $200 stamp.

That being said, the tac65 isn't too bad but the outback II is better.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    I would not cheap out on the can you want. There is no real resale market for used cand and don't forget the $200 stamp.

That being said, the tac65 isn't too bad but the outback II is better.
    Exactly! You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to cans. If you go cheap you might not be happy with the sound reduction.

(Lebanon County)

Dont skimp on quality. If you cant afford it now save up for a good can. Get a good SS can which is rated for other calibers and go from there.

(Schuylkill County)

definitly go with a good can.. I went with the SWR Spectre... Stainless Steel and Very Expensive, $525 out the door, but it claims to be the quietest... Cant wait to pick it uP!!

(Monroe County)

Here are some great cans to think about...

Silencerco SS Sparrow
    SWR Specter
    Gemtech Outback II, Alpine
    AAC Pilot II

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    Dont skimp on quality. If you cant afford it now save up for a good can. Get a good SS can which is rated for other calibers and go from there.
    Yep. I listened to forceinPA and wound up walking away with an SWR Spectre. I love that thing.

I was never really that interested in 22lr cans until they started making the stainless steel models that dissassemble for cleaning.

Besides, your going to be stuck with the thing for a long time, so why not.

If you like the Outback II, buy the Outback II...

Like others have said, cheaper price means cheaper quality. After the $200 for the stamp, they're all in the same price range anyway, and for an item that should last you forever, the extra $50 to $100 will make you much happier in the long run.

As for the Outback II, the new ones can be taken apart, and you can upgrade the baffles to different materials. I have one, and it was worth every penny. You might have buyer's remorse while you wait, and drive yourself crazy thinking about whether it was worth it or not, but the second you start putting rounds downrange through it, you won't think twice about the time or the money.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Hi guys new member here! Nice to meet you all! Supressor request

i have the p22 with the first gen aac pilot, works very well and the pilot does double duty on my 10-22, also very quite. go with the pilot 2nd gen they are able to be disassembled and maintained. i am happy with my performance the nieghbors don't even notice when i shoot, sounds less than a low velocity air gun providing use of subsonic ammo of course. happy shopping it's a blast. by the way the sportsmans den in new holland is now carrying aac in inventory (just got their class three license) for those in the area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast