Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Tweaking an M&P 9mm ....

I've installed an APEX DCAEK and put upwards of 300 shots through it. I couldn't install the RAM because I have the ambi thumb safety model.

I installed and drifted to center tru glo fiberoptic sights, front and rear.

What's next? Are there other improvements I can/should make as my next project?

While not a project, would a barrel upgrade do much for me?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tweaking an M&P 9mm ....

Are there any deficiencies you see with it now? If not get out and shoot it.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Are there any deficiencies you see with it now? If not get out and shoot it.
    This^^^^
    You've addressed my biggest issue with M&Ps with the Apex kit, get out and shoot it. The only person who can determine what it needs is you.

ETA; If you're itching to spend money buy mags and ammo. Ammo isn't gonna get cheaper.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

Whether there are deficiencies ... well, I guess that depends on how you define deficiency.

Trigger seems great. Sights are great. Accuracy is good, but I think there's room for improvement. With my Kimber CDP II (3"), a week ago I hit 3 of 5 one inch dots at 10 yards. I can't replicate that level of accuracy with the M&P. I love the M&P platform -- feels so good ergonomically to me -- and if there's anything I can do to improve performance even further, I'd like to consider it.

I shoot the hell out of this pistol. I've rang up almost 2000 rounds in 4 months. My rounds have decreased lately due to spending time with other weapons, though I did just shoot IDPA this past weekend with her.

Maybe she's as good as she's gonna get (which aint' too dang bad). I was just wondering whether there's something else out there (like a drop in barrel) that could bump her up a notch still.

(Allegheny County)

I would buy the Apex trigger and forward setting sear when it comes out. That makes for a sexy plastic gun trigger.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Montgomery County)

Yeah, I saw a photo on APEX's facebook page -- that definitely looks sweet.

I wonder if that would put her in the enhanced IDPA category? The language, if I call correctly, is no "externally visible" modifications, so it would seem to. Either way, it's a nice looking trigger.