Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Civil Protection Ordinance

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    activist Judges
    This always makes me crap my pants laughing.

How about instead of your elected officials writing law after law after law out of ambiguous language, they write a few laws with clear and definite language.

Judges are here to interpret the law. They don't write it, your elected officials do. How about demanding some responsibility from them instead?
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHighChild View Post

How about instead of your elected officials writing law after law after law out of ambiguous language, they write a few laws with clear and definite language.

Judges are here to interpret the law. They don't write it, your elected officials do. How about demanding some responsibility from them instead?
    You answered your own question. If lawyers made the law clear and definitive, then there would be nothing for the lawyers to interpret, hence in doing so they'd be putting themselves out of a job.

(Putting on fire suit for the potential flame mail coming from the lawyers on this board )
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Blair County)

Thumbs up Re: Civil Protection Ordinance

Thanks for the clarification on the "law"-"ordinance" thing.
    Don't forget the liabilty with someone breaking in. I still want to know where my dog will be after he removes a substantial chunk of meat from said intruder?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHighChild View Post

eaxactly they don't write it, and when my elected officials do write one I find offensive, I do write and call them. However, I've no recourse when a Judge put his personal bent, which runs contrary to what is written to a law. Rather than interpret it in the basic English it was written, they go to the depnds on the what the definition of is, is."

So according to you we have no activist judges? Do I need to pull out exact rullings for you?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345