Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Warren County)

Default Hunting License need to get Carry Permit??

My wife just got her green card and she wants to get a carry permit.

we just moved from Philly to Bucks county. I have a permit from Philly and wanted to look up where to apply in Bucks co when I found this.

http://www.buckscounty.org/governmen...onsPermit.aspx

Which states:
    If applicant is a permanent resident alien or a resident alien, they must submit alien registration card (original), 90 days proof of residency (immediately prior utility bills, credit card statements, bank statements, pay stubs with current address, or health insurance statements). Also, resident aliens must provide a valid hunting license.

I never saw anywhere that a valid hunting license is required to get a carry permit.

Please tell me if this is true.

Thx
    Ranic

Default Re: Hunting License need to get Carry Permit??

This seems like bologna to me.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Here are the reasons that you can be denied a LTCF:
    (1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:
    (i) An individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.
    (ii) An individual who has been convicted of an offense under the act of April 14, 1972 (P.L. 233, No. 64), known as The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act. [FN1]
    (iii) An individual convicted of a crime enumerated in section 6105.
    (iv) An individual who, within the past ten years, has been adjudicated delinquent for a crime enumerated in section 6105 or for an offense under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act.
    (v) An individual who is not of sound mind or who has ever been committed to a mental institution.
    (vi) An individual who is addicted to or is an unlawful user of marijuana or a stimulant, depressant or narcotic drug.
    (vii) An individual who is a habitual drunkard.
    (viii) An individual who is charged with or has been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year except as provided for in section 6123 (relating to waiver of disability or pardons).
    (ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).
    (x) An alien who is illegally in the United States.
    (xi) An individual who has been discharged from the armed forces of the United States under dishonorable conditions.
    (xii) An individual who is a fugitive from justice. This subparagraph does not apply to an individual whose fugitive status is based upon nonmoving or moving summary offense under Title 75 (relating to vehicles).
    (xiii) An individual who is otherwise prohibited from possessing, using, manufacturing, controlling, purchasing, selling or transferring a firearm as provided by section 6105.
    (xiv) An individual who is prohibited from possessing or acquiring a firearm under the statutes of the United States.
    I see nothing about a hunting license. If I were you, I'd have her fill out the application, provide the proof of residency, and hand it in. If they say she needs a hunting license just leave the money and the application at the counter and walk out. I doubt they would be stupid enough to send a denial letter with the reason "no hunting license" on it. But who knows, I've seen the government do dumber things...
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

I have no idea what that's all about.

I thought maybe a sportmen's permit, but the sheriff doesn't issue those.
    Don't think you need a license for a sportmen's permit anyway.

I think you're going to have to call and ask WTF and report back.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I have no idea what that's all about.

I thought maybe a sportmen's permit, but the sheriff doesn't issue those.
    Don't think you need a license for a sportmen's permit anyway.

I think you're going to have to call and ask WTF and report back.
    Be sure to ask what statute authorizes the requirement.

(Warren County)

Thanks for the help guys. I'll call them in the morning and let you know what happens.

(Bucks County)

You do not need a hunting license to my knoweldge.

However, this brings up an interesting question. Can you carry while hunting?? Would you be accused of hunting with you carry piece, just becuase you are armed??

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    You do not need a hunting license to my knoweldge.

However, this brings up an interesting question. Can you carry while hunting?? Would you be accused of hunting with you carry piece, just becuase you are armed??
    Yes, you can carry while hunting. If you open carry and never get into a vehicle you do not need a LTCF at all(unless you are in Philly). If you get into a vehicle or conceal at any time, you will need a LTCF or Sportsmans Permit.

During bow and muzzleloader seasons you can only carry a "firearm"(handgun) if you have a LTCF.

You cannot use semi-auto's to take game in PA, well unless you have lost use of one hand and have a magazine capped at 4rds. Even though possession of a gun is prima-facie evidence of hunting, you still have to be in the act of hunting or poaching for it to apply.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

That's a new one on me. I didn't need to have my hunting license in order to get my LTCF. Just needed to jump through the other hoops you have listed, the same procedure the state requires (Fed too?) to purchase firearms at an ffl.
    I don't see as Bucks Co. can create their own rules, even though Sherrif Rossi did in Lehigh when he was overcharging the LTCF fee.