Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Braverman Arms

(Allegheny County)

Default Braverman Arms

Hey everyone,

A few months ago I was looking around for a local shop to take my Remington 770 to for some repair work. I settled on Braverman Arms in Wilkinsburg (essentially Pittsburgh). I chose the shop primarily because of it's location; driving to their store after work only takes me about 3 miles off my normal route.

At any extent, I would say that overall I was pleased with the service from them. When I took my rifle in, they explained that the part I needed (firing pin assembly) was a restricted part and I would need to send the rifle to Remington for repair. As I'm lazy and have never shipped a gun before, I asked if they could handle that for me, which they could. So, I filled out the required forms and a few weeks later got a call letting me know my rifle was back from Remington, ready for pickup.

This is where we had a little bit of a hiccup. When I went to pick up my rifle, they couldn't find my case, or my scope. The case I wasn't too concerned about since it was a $15 special, but obviously the scope had me a little worried. I partly blame myself for this, as I didn't specifically state on the dropoff form that I was leaving the rifle AND a case, so I can see how it could have gotten misplaced. After about 20 minutes of searching they did find my scope, however the gentlement who does the scope mounting was out that day. As they are only open later on Thursdays, I said I'd come back the following Thursday.

As it turns out, the message to mount my scope never got passed on, so when I showed up the following Thursday, they'd found my case, but I still didn't have a scope mounted. Again, they were very apologetic and promised to have it mounted the next day. I ended up stopping in on Saturday and sure enough everythign was in order. I took the rifle out to the range, and they had it sighted in better than it was when I took it to them.

Even with the few problems, I think I will be back to their shop when I need local work done. While I wasn't particularly happy about having to make 3 trips for a pickup, everyone was very friendly, they didn't gouge me on the price, and at the end of it all I had a working rifle with a well-mounted scope.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Braverman Arms

Sounds like a mistake or two that just happen from time to time. I'm more interested in how a business tries to remedy the mistake. Sounds like they handled it well. Thanks for sharing your experience. I might make a trip down there sometime soon.

Braverman's is a great shop. I have brought a few rifles in for servicing and they have always been quick and professional.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Braverman Arms

I bought ALL their .223 in early '09 when you couldn't SCAM a box for less than $10.99 for 20 rounds - they had a lot of .223 squirrled away on shelves for $6.99 & $7.99 a box - kudos for not gouging when everyone else WAS!

(Allegheny County)

ive been a fan of bravermans for decades.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I bought ALL their .223 in early '09 when you couldn't SCAM a box for less than $10.99 for 20 rounds - they had a lot of .223 squirrled away on shelves for $6.99 & $7.99 a box - kudos for not gouging when everyone else WAS!
    Speaking of not gouging - I believe I paid about $40 for my 'repair', which included shipping to/from, them packaging it up, and unmounting/remounting. I fully expected a $100+ bill, but they were very reasonable. Yet another reason I'll go back!

They dropped my new saiga on the ground and they gave me a huge load of shit about registering my ar lower as a pistol when I went there to pick it up (although this was a year ago). I won't shop there.

(Westmoreland County)

I have done ooodddles of business with them and have found them very professional. Would definately recommend. Mistakes do happen.

(Bucks County)

never leave any accessories on any firearm you are having shipped because as you have found out things can come up missing. stuff happens and mistakes are made but it's how a business rectifies those mistakes that make the difference.