Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Little Pine State Park

Would love to see it and put some lead down range but have to work until about 1:00 pm.

Maybe some other time. Would like to get together.

Mike
    Mike

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemac View Post
    Would love to see it and put some lead down range but have to work until about 1:00 pm.

Maybe some other time. Would like to get together.

Mike
    I'll try and take some Pics and post em up. I don't have to work again until tomorrow night sometime, my schedule changes all the time. I'll have to post up on here when I get another chance to go. I have been shooting at LCCS lately and will probably continue to shoot there as well as Pine Creek. In general I am home/off every Thursday and Sunday so Monday and Friday are the days I try and get to the range when I can. Shoot me a PM sometime though I might be able to do an afternoon depending on schedule. Always like to meet other members here.

(Lycoming County)

The weather looks like it is not going to cooperate very well today. Dreary with showers in the forecast, so I think I'm going to hold out until Friday. I had planned to go to LCCS then but I think I'll just make it a trip to Pine creek instead. Should be a lot sunnier and make for better shooting and pictures. Still planning on going in the morning if anyone wants to check it out with me.

(Lycoming County)

I've been shooting out at LCCS also. We have probably passed each other once in a while.

My schedule varies also but I'm usually free most days after 10:00 AM. I'm off this Friday but have a school breakfast to attend with my granddaughter early in the AM.

Could make it late morning (after 9:30 or so) or in the afternoon.

Mike
    Mike

(Lycoming County)

I've been shooting out at LCCS also. We have probably passed each other once in a while.

My schedule varies also but I'm usually free most days after 10:00 AM. I'm off this Friday but have a school breakfast to attend with my granddaughter early in the AM.

Could make it late morning (after 9:30 or so) or in the afternoon.

Mike
    That's probably good for me. PM sent.

(Lycoming County)

Went up this morning to check out the new range. They did a very nice job. Brand new burms and stands, backers are some kind of rubber type sheeting. All new benches on the rifle side and pistol side. They built a very nice large pavilion over the rifle benches as well. Even added a new bathroom facility. Overall it is definitely a first rate job.

Just took a couple of quick pics on with my phone. My camera was not cooperating with me at all today. mikemac took a few better ones with his camera and is going to post them later.

Shot on the pistol side only this morning. The range was not busy at all, only 3-5 other people there most of the time. Met mikemac there @ 10:30. Very nice guy. Seems we have a lot in common as we both showed up with a 1911 and Ruger mk pistol. Shot until @ 12:15. Really nice time, wish I didn't have to work tonight as I could have stayed longer.

Anyone else wanting to check out the new digs at this range please do so. It is much much better than it was before.

(Lycoming County)

We had a good time at the new range yesterday.

It was a pleasure to meet up with Rob and throw some lead down range. He is a great guy and maybe someday we could all get together to do the same. Great putting a face with a name and an email.

As he said the range is very nice. Good back stops, concrete standing areas (makes picking up your brass easy), a covered pavilion, picnic tables, and a real restroom.

The sign says that a range permit will be needed after January 2015. On the way out I stopped at the park office and inquired and they have no clue. They have no application forms and don't know when they will get them. They said they regularly have inquires about the permits and the sign needs to be changed until they have some more information.

Hope I can upload the photos I took but really, his are better.

Mike

Mike

(Lycoming County)

We had a good time at the new range yesterday.

It was a pleasure to meet up with Rob and throw some lead down range. He is a great guy and maybe someday we could all get together to do the same. Great putting a face with a name and an email.

As he said the range is very nice. Good back stops, concrete standing areas (makes picking up your brass easy), a covered pavilion, picnic tables, and a real restroom.

The sign says that a range permit will be needed after January 2015. On the way out I stopped at the park office and inquired and they have no clue. They have no application forms and don't know when they will get them. They said they regularly have inquires about the permits and the sign needs to be changed until they have some more information.

Hope I can upload the photos I took but really, his are better.

Mike

Really, nobody wants to see that much of that ugly sob in the pics. I'm so taking a bunch of pics of you if I see you at the range again.

(Lycoming County)

I do not know what this permit is the sign indicates.

But my wife and I heard you will need either a hunting license or a fishing license to use it.

.gov wants to know you are paying your share!

You can have an entire house built in less than a year but it took 2+ years for those upgrades?

It looks nice but I am surprised of the time needed to accomplish this.

I guess I am still not used to Government job time frames.

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Tioga County)

Good pics guys.

Thanks for the report.
    MikeP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast