Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wild hogs

(Lawrence County)

Default wild hogs

Hello. New member here. On Monday, 5/2/2011, I shot my first Pa. turkey. In the archery season I downed a 7 point buck. In bear archery season I bagged a bear, "triple trophy". With that info out, I would now love to get a hog in this same season Anyone game for a hunt? I live in Lawrence county but am willing to travel.

(Washington County)

Default Re: wild hogs

I'm in the process of trying to find locations now. Any advice?

Also, welcome to the forum. My shock builder is in Enon Valley. Does the best work in the country.
    Last edited by jaron3; May 6th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

(Lawrence County)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm also asking around for locations, I'll let you know if I get some leads. What's a shock builder?

(Bucks County)

Wild hogs ?? Oh,you're thinking of that movie that came out several years ago with Tim Allen,haha,sorry,couldn't resist,& welcome to the site
    Jesus is Lord !

(Washington County)

Tarzan - I ride and race quads. After a while the shocks, either stock or aftermarket, need rebuilt. East Coast Suspension out of Enon Valley is the best in the business. He rebuilt, resprung and revalved my shocks in a week which is a super fast turn around time. He made my Elka fronts perform twice as well as when they were new. My back shock is stock and I have no idea how I rode my quad with the stock spring and valving in it. It's a whole different machine now. My lap times on my 3 mile practice track decreased by an average of 40 seconds per lap and that's without me being in racing shape. World of difference.

Sorry. I'll get off my box now. Ha ha.

I'll let you know if I find anything out as well. Good luck.

(Lawrence County)

Hello steelerfan. Thank you for the welcome. I would prefer the ones that are in the woods, those other Wild Hogs seem too dangerous.

(Lawrence County)

Hi again jaron3. OK got the shock meaning, not my field of expertees. If you mean a fellow named John, I believe that is his name, he is only a few doors down the road. Hopefully we can find an area that is convenient for hog hunting.

(Lancaster County)

I don't know much about them, except that some areas have banned the hunting of hogs because PASGC is trying to trap them and keep them from spreading out. Just so you know there aren't any "wild" hogs in PA, just ferrel pigs that were accidentally released into the woods and are now reproducing and populating certain areas of PA. We don't have them in my are that I know of. A lot of people don't talk about hunting them too much because they try to keep people from pushing them around too much. As a state we are looking to erradicate this invasive species, not spread them around.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Lebanon County)

Not an exact match to what you're asking but there is a similar thread here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/hunting-23/13...eral-hogs.html

There is a link to the PAGC rules & regulations concerning feral swine, you can find specifics about hunting and t rapping here:
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=621618&mode=2

From what I get out of it, they want them eradicated but will settle for greatly reduced. Hunting and trapping is encouraged but there are regulations to be followed that parallel hunting and trapping regulations of crows, groundhogs and other nuisance critters. Special hunting regs are in place for areas where they are being trapped.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lawrence County)

Thanks SharpShooter 88, definitely some points to ponder there. Feral swine or feral pigs is the correct name and not wild hogs. Like steelerfan said Wild hogs is a movie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast