Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Locating feral hogs.

Quote Originally Posted by magras View Post
    as far as hogs go i don't think south central is the way to go you might wanna look into tioga potter and the northern most counties . not saying there are none lower in the state . but you would have better luck up there
    Negative, at least for TIoga County. I live here and talk with the WCO's often. There is no population. The only pigs around are from the TIoga Hunting Preserve which now and then one gets out. But it has been the law to neuter male pigs so they wont reproduce. MY friend saw a pig that had just escaped a farmers pen just a few hours before. They sent the pig back...he almost shot it.
    Those are the only incidents where you will see pigs up here. Your best bet is Bedford and Cambria Counties.

(Chester County)

Arrow Re: Locating feral hogs.

Quote Originally Posted by theschwarz1 View Post
    Negative, at least for TIoga County. I live here and talk with the WCO's often. There is no population. The only pigs around are from the TIoga Hunting Preserve which now and then one gets out. But it has been the law to neuter male pigs so they wont reproduce. MY friend saw a pig that had just escaped a farmers pen just a few hours before. They sent the pig back...he almost shot it.
    Those are the only incidents where you will see pigs up here. Your best bet is Bedford and Cambria Counties.
    Thanks for commenting. It's nice to get some factual intel from a resident because there have been a lot rumors about the hogs at the preserve escaping and taking over in Tioga and Potter Counties. I have a hunting camp up there and niether I nor other land owners near my camp have seen a wild hog or signs that they inhabit the area, so I've often wondered whether there was any truth to the rumors.

Have you tried Sooie?

(Lancaster County)

Hogs are a HUGE example of why HB 347 needs to be enacted into law NOW.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Carbon County)

i have a cabin in bradford county that i use alot year round. the locals will tell you they are there, but they also say bigfoot is roaming the woods. i have been all over them mountains and farms and have never seen any signs of them. as others said you will know if they are around, they tear up the ground to the point they almost leave crators. correct me if i am wrong but there tracks look like deers but the toe is spread a little more?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123