Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What would you buy?

This thread is just for fun. If you had $600 to spend on any handgun you wanted, what would you get? I personally have christmas money burning a hole in my pocket, and I an 90% sure I am gonna buy a Ruger GP100 6" in stainless steel. Either that or a Taurus PT1911. I'm just curious what other people would buy.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What would you buy?

i have about 500 and i can't figure out if i wanna save for:
    ruger super redhawk in .454
    smith and wesson model 29-2
    or just buy a taurus raging bull, mossberg 500 or .22 conversion for my 1911. decisions decisions

I really like the Raging Bull, but I couldn't afford to shoot it regularly. .44 magnum is pretty pricey ammo to be shooting all day at the range. That is why I'm gonna get a .357 Ruger, so I can shoot .38 specials and save cash on ammo.
    Last edited by Hoootie; December 25th, 2007 at 01:25 AM.

(Montgomery County)

I have a 6" 686 and it is a lot of fun to shoot. I call it my sniper handgun! The gp100 is a great gun to and very comparable. I'm sure you would have lots of fun with it. I'd have a serious decision to make if I were to blow 600 on a gun tommorow. I really want a 44 magnum, I really want an AK, and I love all kinds of 9mm handguns. I wouldn't know what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Log9mm View Post
    I have a 6" 686 and it is a lot of fun to shoot. I call it my sniper handgun! The gp100 is a great gun to and very comparable. I'm sure you would have lots of fun with it. I'd have a serious decision to make if I were to blow 600 on a gun tommorow. I really want a 44 magnum, I really want an AK, and I love all kinds of 9mm handguns. I wouldn't know what to do!
    Yeah it is a tough choice between the gp100 and the 686. The 686 is a little more expensive from what I have seen. I am hoping that the gp100 is as accurate as the 686. If I can find a 686 for $600 then I might get that. I like the looks of the GP100 a little more, but accuracy and functionality are more important to me.

(Centre County)

If i had $600?

I'd buy some nice shinny stainless CZ-7....

NO. If I had a $600, I'd buy desprately needed new tires for my car!

I've kept putting it on side, and now my tire look like racing slik..
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Pike County)

In way of an answer I offer the following. My mother took me shopping for Christmas presents for me to some local gun shops, knowing my tastes. I ended up with a Colt Dective Special .38 special, made about 1960, and a S&W 13 .357 4". Total cost about $600. I am happy with her choice in gifts. Before you all ask for pics, I do not have a camera. When I have that much it will buy a gun, and that always comes out ahead.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoootie View Post
    Yeah it is a tough choice between the gp100 and the 686. The 686 is a little more expensive from what I have seen. I am hoping that the gp100 is as accurate as the 686. If I can find a 686 for $600 then I might get that. I like the looks of the GP100 a little more, but accuracy and functionality are more important to me.
    I can't imagine the 686 being any more accurate than the GP100. They are both quality firearms. With that said I picked up my 686 used but fired less than 100 rounds for 375. And I've seen them new for under 600 as well. Personally I like the way the 686 looks more, so that was the basis of my decision.

(York County)

Right now, I think I'd go for a Ruger SP101 with a 2 or 3 inch barrel.
    I do want a revolver to carry either OWB or IWB and I think it'll be that little Ruger (cost is expected to be about $450).

(Bucks County)

I'm awaiting Beretta's spring '08 release of its Px4 Storm subcompact to partner with the Px4 that I purchased this past spring. I've put about 2000 rnds (9 mm) through the Storm and it is suweet. Reports on its little brother sound real good. Can't wait for it to hit the market.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast