Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Need a dollar value for an H&R Model 12.

It is an all original rifle .22lr, no modifications. It has a long 28", heavy barrel with a target crown and the original Redfield PALMA match sight in the rear and the Olympic aperture sight up front. Barrel is free floating, action is bedded to the stock. Wood stock is in great condition. Bore is super clean, rifling is very sharp and the action is smooth and clean. There are a few minor rust spots that I have carefully removed with a soft fiber bristle brush and Kroil so as not to damage the finish. I will post pics when I get a chance.
    Last edited by SCBaldr; April 30th, 2011 at 12:46 AM.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Default Re: Need a dollar value for an H&R Model 12.

Here she is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anyone???????
    Ballpark Figure?????

(Jefferson County)

Not a clue... Nice looking gun though.

Wait for 32Magnum to see the thread. He's a boundless book of knowledge on H&R's, ..much more than I am.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

SC -
    A friend of mine has been on the hunt for one of these, in the condition you describe - so he and I have hit quite a few gun shops and gun shows over the past year. The LOWEST tag price we've seen is $600 for one in V.G. condition. The highest tag price has been slightly over $1000 for several examples. I personally saw a gent walk out the door with one in low EXC condition for which he said he paid $850 (all fees included). Looking at the on-line auctions, I've seen quite a range of asking prices - ranging from $450 for "modified" pieces all the way up to $1200 for still wrapped in the original DCM shipping box. ACTUAL Selling prices seem to settle in between $650 and $800 depending upon condition at this time. I'm thinking that the value is highly dependent upon the guy who wants to purchase it - seems like a buyer's market for the "specialty" guns currently. Since you don't want to sell your piece - the value is whatever you want it to be. There seems to be more of them showing up for sale recently than in the past 10 years or so.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.