Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: County Carry Permit Information - We need your help gathering information.

Application for a license to carry may be made to the chief of police in a city of the first class (Philadelphia) or sheriff in the county where the applicant resides. Non-residents may apply to any county sheriff but must first possess any applicable license required by their state of residence. All information provided by the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant, including but not limited to, the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant’s name or identity, is confidential and not subject to public disclosure. The license is valid for five years from the date of issuance unless sooner revoked for good cause. The fee is $19.00.

It's too bad ALL of the counties are breaking the law.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

Default Re: County Carry Permit Information - We need your help gathering information.

I got my carry license from Centre County for $26.00 - out of state by mail. I had to send copies of my AZ CCW and valid AZ photo ID.

BTW - I consider this to be a bargain.

In AZ - for a nice plastic card (hologram - no photo) it costs $65.00 for 5 yrs - plus you have to take a class first ($75.00 - $100.00 depending on where you go). Up until 9/1/06, you had to repeat the course to renew - thank Goodness THAT was changed so it's no longer required.
    Last edited by LadyG; August 11th, 2007 at 06:11 PM.
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Proud Member of:
    NRA
    AZCDL

(Northumberland County)

northumberland: http://www.northumberlandsheriff.com/

25 for paper--31 for laminated photo id

(Schuylkill County)

Schuylkill county is $25 for a paper license and $28.50 for a laminated photo license. Picture can be taken at the Sheriff's office.

(Northumberland County)

northumberland county. $31 for new license. dont know about renewal.

(Wyoming County)

Lackawanna co is $31 and it is good for five years I am not aware of the other info...

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehoop View Post
    Susquehanna County
    $25.00 both new and renew
    Issued at the Sheriff's Office, County Courthouse, Montrose
    Got mine in less than 24 hours an get renewal notices every 5 years
    Got mine in a week and was notified by letter from the Sheriff's office when it was time to renew. Nice touch

(Mifflin County)

MIFFLIN COUNTY - Notarize application (required) $5 for the Sheriff to do it. The fee required for the license to carry is $24.50. Cash Only. Checks are not accepted.

http://www.co.mifflin.pa.us/mifflin/...A=660&Q=424903

(Lawrence County)

Lawrence County PA Sheriff website:

http://www.co.lawrence.pa.us/sheriff/index.html
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Indiana County)

Interesting.

Mifflin County requires a NOTARIZED LTCF application (you showing up and showing photo ID isn't good enough?). Oh, the Sheriff's Office will accommodate you on that for a mere $5.00. Of course, if you go to the Prothonotary's Office you'll probably get it done for free since it's a state form (works that way in Indiana County, although the LTCF does not need notarizing). Any idea what the statutory requirement is for notarization? A letter from a Mifflin County resident to the Sheriff and County Commissioners might shed some light on this.

Lawrence County bans firearms on ALL COUNTY PROPERTY, with a violation leading to firearm confiscation and arrest of the individual? Any idea what the statutory authority is for this? A letter from a Lawrence County resident to the Sheriff and County Commissioners might shed some light on this. Oh, the Sheriff's site mentions a firearms license only in passing; no specifics on cost, time involved, or anything else.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast