Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Giving thanks at Christmas

Religious or not, this season is all about family and good tidings. I thought it might be a nice thread for us to take stock of some of the things we are thankful for this time of year.

I am thankful for my two boys. I can't wait for them to open their presents.

For my wife, who must be the most understanding woman in the world.

For a safe full of guns and ammo and a refrigerator full of food.

For Jack Daniel's...proof that God wants me to be happy!

for all the great people I have met through this forum. It is great to know you.

What are you thankful for?
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Giving thanks at Christmas

I'm thankful for many things in my life. I have been truly blessed.

I am most thankful for my Wife & Three Little Girls. I am thankful for always trying to surround myself with good friends I have made in the past & happy I have made friends
    with some of the folks in this POOFA group.

I am also thankful for being able to live in the Greatest Country in world. The good old U.S.A.

Please everyone have a Safe & Happy Christmas/ Holiday Season.

Eric

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Philadelphia County)

I am thankful for, despite a lack of discretion, never having contracted an STD. But seriously, folks...

I'm thankful for, despite having a shitty absentee jailbird of a dad, having a good mom and grandparents to raise me, educate me, and give me a strong moral compass.

I'm thankful for, despite being socially awkward as a young kid, being so damn handsome and charming as an adult.

I'm thankful for, despite being fairly angry and anti-social in my younger years, at 31 years of age I stand 6 feet over the ground, not 6 feet under it.

I'm thankful for, despite my constant complaining, the fact that shit ain't a lot worse (which it definitely could be).

I'm thankful I'm not in prison.

I'm thankful I'm not crippled.

I'm thankful for good food which is, luckily, plentiful.

I'm thankful I was born smart enough to overcome setbacks and obstacles that might have otherwise ruined me.

I'm thankful my grandpa and other combat infantrymen helped smash the fascists in WWII, even though he got his guts torn apart by a German mortar round in the process and was left for dead in a French farmhouse. I'm also thankful this same grandpa once used his second-amendment rights to defend me and shoot down the man who wanted to kidnap me.

I guess I'm thankful for a lot of shit, but it doesn't prevent me from having a healthy amount of class resentment and being somewhat bitter and jaded towards a society that could've done better by me and a whole lot better by lots of other people.
    Last edited by Eugene V. Debs; December 24th, 2007 at 12:40 PM.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Allegheny County)

I'm thankful for my wife, my family, my health, and my liberties won by our forefathers and maintained by our troops!

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

I am thankful for a lot of things when I choose to think about it. A wondeful wife, a beautiful, smart,14yo daughter, 2 great dogs, a home, food, etc. but the thing I am most thankful for is Hope.
    Hope is the one thing that has gotten me through a lot of rough times. I guess that Hope goes hand in hand with Faith.
    Hope and Faith. That's what I'm most thankful for.
    It's becoming more clear to me on a daily basis that forums such as this one are becoming the focal points of Hope in a country that's on a slow. slippery, downhill slide.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Of course I am thankful for my son, each and every day.....even though he is a teenager.
    I am thankful that I was able to crawl from the wreckage of a bad marriage with only a few slight scars.
    I am thankful for using my smarts to flee NYC and settle here in PA. I'm thankful that doing without certain things, I scrimped and saved my pennies to buy my house here in PA.
    I am thankful for my thriving business in NYC which enables me to live a comfortable lifestyle and pay all my bills without struggling.
    I am thankful for having street smarts, this enables me to see through most bullshit and avoid it.
    I am thankful that I live in a country that allows me to 'live' rather than just merely exist.
    I am thankful to live another day.

(Allegheny County)

Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel, luckily. -City of Blinding Lights, U2

I have to admit that 2007 was a pretty good year for Nick. It was definately one of those "who knew?" years - All of the good things from the past year are things I accidentially stumbled across. I'm not a big believer in fate or god's plan, but who knows, maybe things do happen for a reason.

I'm grateful for:

My parents, who rarely understand where I'm coming from but always give their love, respect, and support. And the rest of my family, too. They might be a little overwhelming at times, but they've always been there for me.

My closest friends, who have proven their love and loyalty over and over again. They put up with my cranky moods, my forgetfulness, my never being on time, and my drunken antics. I really can't imagine sometimes why they put up with me.

My job, which is surely not what I want to do the rest of my life, but it's been a blast and a learning experience. I've met so many amazing people.

Lia Sophia. For me, it's never been about sales, it's always been about making women feel excited and beautiful and showing them a good time. Met a lot of wonderful ladies through there as well.

PAFOA. It's all about the guns and fun and this organziation has so many people to help provide both. It's great to have a new hobby and so many willing to help teach it, especially since I'm not the most patient student. Again, I've met a lot of amazing people who really have affected my life for the better.

Hockey. He shoots, he scores, hey goalie- you suck!

My cat Bouts. He's my sidekick and a real buddy to me. I'd be lost without the guy! He sleeps with me, wakes up with me, walks me to the door in the morning, and brings me his beloved Mousey when I'm in a bad mood. Now if I could just find a human guy to treat me like that...

Health, wealth, and security. I'm not rich but at least I don't want for anyting nor do I have any health problems to worry about.
    "Pride and dignity are good, but only in moderation." P-11 Shooter

(Berks County)

I am very thankful for All The People In My Life, both good and bad.

I am very thankful for my job which enables me to pay my bills, buy all the firearms I desire, get gifts for my family and friends, go to the movies/concerts, eat out every so often, give to charity, lend money to people in need, etc.

I am very thankful for my faith in God who gives me the strength I need to endure. He also gives me guidance, direction, protection and purpose.

I am very thankful to be alive considering the fact that I was almost killed three times in my life (car accident, almost drowned and severely assaulted).

I am very thankful for the good health, peace, joy and happiness I experience in everyday life.

I am very thankful for all of the gifts/talents that were bestowed upon me. I only hope that I will always use them wisely to make a positive difference in the world.

Last but not least, I am very thankful for the Pafoa and the people here. This forum is one of my favorite places to be, for sure.

rand
    Last edited by dnar; December 24th, 2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot something.

(Allegheny County)

I am thankful that I had parents that allowed me to learn from my mistakes and help to guide me on the right path, all being understanding, patient and overall the best in the world.

I am thankful that I grew up poor, as it has allowed me to be more grateful for what I have.

I am thankful that I have a home, heat, running water, a bed and food to eat, many people don't have that.

I have a car, my wife, my freedom, a job and great family.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

(Delaware County)

First and Foremost I'm thankful for my Wife and Son I wish health and happiness to them.
    Also my parents being in good health and happy.
    A wonderful home.
    The fact that my Wife has decided to get her LTCF(I'll post pictures of her gift later)
    My first Buck after 17 years hunting.
    To all the members of the PAFOA I wish you health and happiness in the New Year
    AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast