Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Cool Help me solve a Debate Between me and a friend

My friend and I are in the middle of a debate for posting a sign on the property. My friend wants to post the sign below... (freesign.pdf) The debate is this...... He feels this is a valid warning to post on his property that will not cause any issues if the act of self-defense is needed during a break in or trespassing. I feel that this sign could bring up the charge of premeditated murder due to the wording. My suggestion was to make a custom sign that states (Freesign_6.pdf). Who is right? Alternatively, what is your opinion on the debate? We seem to be at a standstill on this issue of posting and need an outsider’s opinion to derive a sensible conclusion.
    Attached Files Attached Files

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Help me solve a Debate Between me and a friend

I would ask your friend why he wants to advertise he has guns.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

I'd be some where in the middle. Maybe a picture with a gun and dead body with the wording from the second one "Nothing on this Property is worth your life". If I was going to put up a sign I don't want to count on the bad guy knowing how to read! Also I'm not sure about advertizing that I have guns. Yea from the deterrence perspective, but the other side is hey lets hit that place they have guns to steal. My wife got me a shotgun shell mail box one year and still haven't put it up yet for that reason. For the purpose of your debate I'd have to say the "Nothing on this Property" one because someone might infer that you have guns but it's not and omission of owning guns.
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun

(Bucks County)

I would just go with some standard "No Tresspassing" signs. I also wouldn't want to advertise the fact that I have guns,although a deterrent to some,it's also an invite to someone who wants to steal a gun when you're not home & also that they need to be armed as well if they decide to break in.
    Jesus is Lord !

(Lackawanna County)

Both signs are stupid, because if i'm a theif i'm gonna say to my self hmmm whats in there? Or I have a guns and friends. How about, Ok I don't have a gun but they have to leave at some point.

It puts a bullseye right on your house. People who open carry don't wear T shirts or carry signs stating the substance of your signs or similar shit.

(Philadelphia County)

Both those signs are dumb to Nth degree.

One, it advertises that there are guns inside the domicile.
    Two, it advertises that there are items of value, thus worth defending with lethal force, in said domicile.

Tell your buddy not to be a gun-ho dumbass, and instead put up an ADT or other home alarm sign on his lawn.

/myopinion
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Butler County)

I have to agree with everybody so far I personally only have a basic no trespassing sign posted on my property however not in the front but surrounding the wood based area of my property. This is mostly to detour hunters entering the premises without permission. SO far the main point I am going to make to my friend is why make your house a target and press the point to if anything post a basic "No trespassing Violators Will Be prosecuted to the full extent of the law".

(Lancaster County)

The best sign I saw so far was a hand painted sign on a dirt road that we turned down by mistake one day in Potter county.

Trespassers will be shot, if not devoured by dogs first.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Threaten their lives without announcing you have guns on the property with this:

Or, make sure they understand your commitment to protecting the sanctitiy of your property

(Montgomery County)

Just throwing a sheet anchor here, but nothing short of immediate harm to a person is going to be a justifiable shooting.

Walking on the grass = No
    Walking on the porch = No
    Stealing your car = No
    Caught breaking into your house = No
    Kicking your dog = No

Any sign other than a standard 'No Trespassing' is pointless. See all the good reasons above.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast