Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Looking for a new poket pistol

So today the wife tells me her Gram called her up complaining about me carrying my Glock to Easter dinner at the in laws. Mind you my gut reaction was to tell her Gram to shove it was not her house and so on. But then I decided this opportunity could be better used. Long story short I got the blessing to buy a new pistol for carry around her family a pocket pistol. I had a Tauruses model 85 that I carried in my front left pocket in a pocket holster for a wile but sold it because the trigger was really heavy and I never shot it well. So now I am looking to buy a new snub nose and would like a few recommendations I have shot a S&W model 60 before and really liked it. Just worried it would be a little to big for this given application.

Also I went to look at revolvers today at Gander Mt in Century III and had a really bad experiences ask to see one of there guns and the clerk brought it out. Ask to try the trigger and get a feel for the pistol so clerk took the trigger lock off tried the trigger twice and he starts yelling at me not to do that again. "That if everyone came in and pulled the trigger 5 times then there would no trigger left" I laugh at him and told him fine I will buy somewhere else and left the store. Mind you this is a center fire pistol and not a rim firer .22. Just another reason not to spend money at Gander Mt. Next stop will be Ace Sporting Goods in Washington.

Default Re: Looking for a new poket pistol

I hide a Kel Tec P3AT with an Armalaser on it in my pocket everyday at work. The laser makes it a bit more bulky but without it the gun is barely noticeable, I think it hides better than a jframe. There was someone selling a Taurus PT738 here about 2 weeks ago for like $200 and I understand they shoot the most comfortably.

Look at a Ruger LCR. It's a 5 shot pocket rocket that shoots .38 +P. They also have a .357, but that's a bit more blast than I like from something that small. Some of the small .380's carry nice, there are .32 Mags and .327's out there.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by WVBob View Post
    Look at a Ruger LCR. It's a 5 shot pocket rocket that shoots .38 +P. They also have a .357, but that's a bit more blast than I like from something that small. Some of the small .380's carry nice, there are .32 Mags and .327's out there.
    LCR is nice weapon, and so is the new Ruger LC9

while I can't give you any recs on snubbies, I can give my opinion on small semis.

I personally am not a fan of the .380 but there are a lot of options, namely:
    ruger lcp, kel tec p3at, sig p238

I carry a kahr pm9 which fits well in my pocket. If youve got smaller hands check out the ruger lc9, i did a review of that on my youtube page. there are a lot of other SC options out there in 9mm. Loaded with 124 gr +P hydrashoks and with practice (i'm all about shot placement) you should be fine.