I have decided that I will carry a firearm with me all the time. Before, I carried 90% of the time. There were just "times and places" that it felt kind of "weird" putting the pistol on to go to. Now, I am trying to carry 100% of the time.

Today was one of those times. I was headed to a good friends funeral. My buddies wife passed away suddenly of massive heart attack at the age of 55. I fought with myself while getting dressed if I was going to take a firearm with me or not. It just felt weird for some reason. I put on the IWB and took it off. I went and got the 38 and pocket holster. It just seemed to print to much in my nice dress pants. I almost walked out the door unarmed.

But then I got the IWB and the 9mm and went into the bathroom, put them on, tucked the shirt, and checked for printing. It looked good, and I threw my jacket on and headed out the door.

I kept my jacket on at the funeral home. Thinking someone would see. I was a bit paranoid I guess. Of course there was lots of hugging to contend with at a funeral. I just waited for someone to feel the pistol and ask what it was. But no one did. We went to eat together afterwords, and I decided that I was being stupid. I took the jacket off and walked all around talking to everyone. No one noticed.

I must admit, I felt weird carrying at a funeral. But on the way home the betterhalf and I were talking about something, and she says, "Well you got your pistol on you don't you?" This made me realize that she didn't think it was to weird. And second, that if she had to ask, the concealment side must have worked well too.