Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by .50 cal View Post
    Cheesesteaks
    QFT. Also, there's perhaps a square mile within the city where you might not get raped, beaten, mugged, murdered and urinated upon.

Actually, in all honesty, Philadelphia isn't all that bad. I walked around center city for a while with not even so much as a "got a dollar" from any homeless people. It was refreshing.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What are the laws for carrying a knife in Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Lobo 00 View Post
    to me why would any body in their right mind want to go to Philly...
    You apparently have never spent a day walking around Old City or made a trip to South Street for some shopping. It's a great time with friends.

I love Philly, just not some sections of it. Like my apartment next year at Temple is right off of Broad & Girard, maybe 3-4 blocks past my house it gets bad real quick. It's really just knowing where and where not to go down there.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Lobo 00 View Post
    to me why would any body in their right mind want to go to Philly...
    Good restaurants, good watering holes (bars with a lot on tap), theatres, parks, historic areas, museums, interesting shopping areas (South street, the Italian Market, Reading Terminal Market), Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, Sixers.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Good restaurants, good watering holes (bars with a lot on tap), theatres, parks, historic areas, museums, interesting shopping areas (South street, the Italian Market, Reading Terminal Market), Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, Sixers.
    Not to mention Main Street in Manayunk and awesome fireworks on the Delaware River several times a year. There are tons of cool things about, and to do in, Philly.

Some folks can't get past how screwed up the local government is to see the good the city has to offer.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 9orangeletters View Post
    QFT. Also, there's perhaps a square mile within the city where you might not get raped, beaten, mugged, murdered and urinated upon.
    Where? ten char

(Bucks County)

its one of those laws that arent enforced unless the cop feels like it.

if up are fighting, causing a disturbance, drunk driving or where you need to be patted down they are going to just take your knife, most likely they wont give you a citation because its philly, they have other shit to deal with. if im going to philly its not like im going to leave my knife at home because its illegal, you arent going to jail for it.

its just like weed, i know someone who has been pulled over and caught with weed, but the cop let them go. its because cops down there are too busy to fill out paper work and go to court for a gram, when they have dealers and murder cases to work on.

same goes with tint laws and motor vehicle stuff.

go to the suburbs its a different story, those cops are bored as hell and will pull you over if you have tint just to see if you have weed in your car lol

I feel really bad for you brothers in Philly...That law may be "constitutional" but it is also ridiculous. Again, [when carrying a gun is a criminal act, only criminals will carry guns. That also applies to carrying a knife]. Pennsylvania is almost as weird as Mass or New York. Sounds like Chicago to me. Richard Daley hates private oiwnership of any guns and wants it to be illegal to even think the word "gun". As he gets ready to retire he has demanded 24/7 armed bodyguards and two state cars to be sitting ready for him. Now that's criminal.
    For frantic boast and foolish word, Thy mercy on Thy people, Lord!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Traveler View Post
    Where? ten char
    rittenhouse square comes to mind, although not immune to crime obviously, but id consider it a million dollar neighborhood

I may have missed it but I haven't seen a post mentioning that almost everyone that has a tool box in their car or truck has some sort of knife or razor blade in it. So, I guess when we get to the Philly city limits we better stop and clean out our tool boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    its one of those laws that arent enforced unless the cop feels like it.

if up are fighting, causing a disturbance, drunk driving or where you need to be patted down they are going to just take your knife, most likely they wont give you a citation because its philly, they have other shit to deal with. if im going to philly its not like im going to leave my knife at home because its illegal, you arent going to jail for it.

its just like weed, i know someone who has been pulled over and caught with weed, but the cop let them go. its because cops down there are too busy to fill out paper work and go to court for a gram, when they have dealers and murder cases to work on.

same goes with tint laws and motor vehicle stuff.

go to the suburbs its a different story, those cops are bored as hell and will pull you over if you have tint just to see if you have weed in your car lol
    This.

I've carried a pocket clip quick open knife in plain sight in philly every day for at least the last 15 years. Never one bit of trouble.

Last edited by Valorius; May 15th, 2011 at 02:54 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234