Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Advanced Arms, Pittston, PA

Stopped in Advanced Arms in Pittston today. Very nice shop, well stocked. Chris was friendly and made it a point to acknowledge us even while on the phone and with other customers. Great selection of rifles. My wife got to fondle one of the m&p's finally and a sig556. Beautiful pair of Garands on display *DROOL* I bought some ammo, good prices. Chris even took time to open up some x39 and 6.8 to compare them.

We were in a bit of a hurry tonite but We're in the market for a new ar and hopefully an M1A and we will go back there for our purchases.

I believe the owner is a member here too.
    Last edited by danp; November 1st, 2011 at 09:33 PM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Advanced Arms, Pittston, PA

I agree, unfortunatly I have only been to the store once. And I would say nice folks there, good inventory .

Snert..

(Luzerne County)

My experience and also my sisters was not all that good. She went there looking for a particular Glock (I think a G26) they didn't have but said that can order it so she said ok and offered a deposit. Chris said no deposit needed and that he would call when he had it. Well there was no follow through, he never called her but she called there several times with "no not yet" as an answer. Well after waiting a little over a month she decided to buy it at a shop in Eynon. She was happy with her experience in Eynon and told me to go there but I don't remember the name of that shop as this was many months ago.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Luzerne County)

My only "compliant" with Chris and AA is his hours, they are typically late afternoon/evening. Not a problem if you live semi-close but a bummer if you work close but live far away
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Luzerne County)

CC in PA....

We do tons of special orders....we probably have the best special order system in the valley with computerized receipts and 24/7 online ordering with our distributors.

We receive orders from 5 different distributors on a weekly basis.
    We can get most common guns inside of a few days typically.

Glock 26,27,19,23,17,22 are all $480 .....and if I happened to be out of any of them, I can have them inside week typically. Special orders with deposit speed things along.

It is tough to recall what exactly the situation was:
    Maybe I told her....no deposit needed b/c I have a G26 coming near the end of the week....just stop back in. That one my have sold right away and when she called it was out of stock again. But.......... if we talked about a deposit.....I would have set up a special order and garanteed that gun.

It just doesn't add up for me...especially since we do tons of special orders, enjoy doing special orders, and have a system in place to facilitate special orders.

Sorry for the unconvenience, maybe it slipped through the cracks or maybe it was one of my other employees......regardless....our appologies.

We are a much smoother running ship now with about a year and a half under our belt and plus I am running the shop full time now as of 1/1/2008
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Luzerne County)

Default NEW SHOP HOURS

Holleta,

WE HAVE NEW SHOP HOURS

Tuesday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Wednesday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Thursday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Friday - 2pm to 9:00pm
    Saturday - 10am to 6pm

Appointments Welcome!!!!!
    Tuesday - Friday Appointments available from 9am to 2pm
    Sunday & Monday - By Appointment - From 10am to 9pm

I am running the shop full time now.
    I am typically in by 10am doing paperwork, orders, customer inquirys, shipping, internet stuff, and other errands. It is no trouble to accomodiate customers during my off hours via appointment as I am here anyway.
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: NEW SHOP HOURS

Chris,

Excellent!! I will be seing you after work my friend

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedArms View Post
    Holleta,

WE HAVE NEW SHOP HOURS

Tuesday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Wednesday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Thursday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Friday - 2pm to 9:00pm
    Saturday - 10am to 6pm

Appointments Welcome!!!!!
    Tuesday - Friday Appointments available from 9am to 2pm
    Sunday & Monday - By Appointment - From 10am to 9pm

I am running the shop full time now.
    I am typically in by 10am doing paperwork, orders, customer inquirys, shipping, internet stuff, and other errands. It is no trouble to accomodiate customers during my off hours via appointment as I am here anyway.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Luzerne County)

CC in PA....

We do tons of special orders....we probably have the best special order system in the valley with computerized receipts and 24/7 online ordering with our distributors.

We receive orders from 5 different distributors on a weekly basis.
    We can get most common guns inside of a few days typically.

Glock 26,27,19,23,17,22 are all $480 .....and if I happened to be out of any of them, I can have them inside week typically. Special orders with deposit speed things along.

It is tough to recall what exactly the situation was:
    Maybe I told her....no deposit needed b/c I have a G26 coming near the end of the week....just stop back in. That one my have sold right away and when she called it was out of stock again. But.......... if we talked about a deposit.....I would have set up a special order and garanteed that gun.

It just doesn't add up for me...especially since we do tons of special orders, enjoy doing special orders, and have a system in place to facilitate special orders.

Sorry for the unconvenience, maybe it slipped through the cracks or maybe it was one of my other employees......regardless....our appologies.

We are a much smoother running ship now with about a year and a half under our belt and plus I am running the shop full time now as of 1/1/2008
    Chris,
    I appreciate your reply and I also a, self employed for the past 20 and I know things can slip through the cracks at times. I also know since I am self employed maybe we shouldn't pass judgment on that one thing that didn't go right but I don't know if she feels that way or not. I will try to refresh your memory a bit ( now I am only assuming she dealt with you but it could have been other staff) she was looking for a g26 but at the time you were out of stock. An offer was made for you or employee to get a used one that a relative wanted to sell and thats when it all fell apart.

I hope this helps you figure out what happened and I will pass on your post to her to she can see your interest in your customers. As a matter of fact I will have her call you so nothing is third hand and both of you can sort out what exactally occurred because her boy friend was with her and I believe had has some issues also so it may be in everyone best interest to just make a call and discuss it.
    As a matter of fact I am going to make it a point to call you today about the issue at hand so it can be put to rest.

PS: I am glad to see the new full time hours, that will make it much easier for everyone.
    Last edited by CCinPA; January 3rd, 2008 at 10:21 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

(Luzerne County)

CC In PA

Very good....looking forward to seeing what went wrong so it doesn't happen again. Although....the bugs are probably all worked out by now....especially since I am doing this full time.

The "used G26 from a relative" may have been the reason I did not take the deposit...b/c I was unsure if I could get the piece.....

That's probably what happened...I may not have been able to get that used g26.
    In addition to that, I may have forgot to follow through getting back in touch with your sister......which could have been the case of me just having too much on my plate between the TWO jobs that I was working.

If it were a brand new G26...it would have been a quick over and done with deal.

Our appologies to your sis....

Talk to ya soon.....
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Luzerne County)

CC In PA

Very good....looking forward to seeing what went wrong so it doesn't happen again. Although....the bugs are probably all worked out by now....especially since I am doing this full time.

The "used G26 from a relative" may have been the reason I did not take the deposit...b/c I was unsure if I could get the piece.....

That's probably what happened...I may not have been able to get that used g26.
    In addition to that, I may have forgot to follow through getting back in touch with your sister......which could have been the case of me just having too much on my plate between the TWO jobs that I was working.

If it were a brand new G26...it would have been a quick over and done with deal.

Our appologies to your sis....

Talk to ya soon.....
    Chris,

It was my pleasure speaking with you today it it seems as if we both discovered what had occurred and I can see see how easy it is to get the wrong impression over a very small mistake.

It appears the problem was simple and an error on both or behalf but all is resolved now and my family and I look forward to continued business with you.

By the way I am interested picking up a G17 and from your pricing you posted earlier new is about 480. I am looking for the G17 as a cheaper way to practice because I use a g23 for carry so if you have anything used I would appreciate you giving me a PM with what you may have available.

Once again thanks for your time clearing up what happened and I commend you on being a professional for addressing this the way you did.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast