Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Suit to be filed against Philadelphia -- potential plaintiffs needed

The City of Philadelphia only learns through their pocket book. I am seeking out more potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit to be filed against Philadelphia for their continued violation of the Pennsylvania Criminal History Information Act. Philadelphia routinely uses non conviction data, arrests that arrests that lead to a dismissal of charges, an summary offenses. Philadelphia also routinely revokes a persons LTCF prior to the adjutication of charges even if the charge would is not an enumerated reason for revokation.

If you have been denied an LTCF, revoked, etc due to the unlawful acts of the Philadlephia Police Department and/or License and Inspection Review Board please contact me accordingly.

gbrown221
    Deputy Chief, Training Division
    Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Team Life, Inc.
    P.O. Box 588
    Trevose, Pennsylvania 19053
    (215) 310-5436 office
    (800) 469-6914 E-Fax
    info@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org
    Last edited by gbrown221; April 20th, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Suit to be filed against Philadelphia -- potential plaintiffs needed

Just wanted to add that some people are sending PM's but it is easier to email or call me. If we can get enough potential plaintiff's I think we could seek class action status.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Suit to be filed against Philadelphia -- potential plaintiffs needed

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    The City of Philadelphia only learns through their pocket book. ........
    Just a minor point of interest, 'Governments' don't have a pocketbook, they use taxpayer money. The Philadelphia gestapo doesn't suffer at all, unless they lose an election.

I wish you success in getting any of their policies changed.

Bob

Thought I should add an additional comment since my post above may appear negative. My post was intended to show one reason why elected officials do as they please and don't really get concerned about lawsuits. In the private sector, you would likely get fired for causing the company to lose money to a lawsuit because of your irresponsible actions.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob_W; April 21st, 2011 at 11:06 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Pennsylvania law permits under PA Criminal History Information Act to recover statutory penalties plus ADJOIN the city to correct their policies from commiting future violations.

(Philadelphia County)

Lets get it going. Philadelphia will never learn until they are Enjoined.

(Philadelphia County)

rsklar and Gbrown, are you working together? I pm's rsklar based on his post then saw this one.

(Philadelphia County)

Phillykev:

rsklar is helping me seek out some more potential plaintiffs. I would like to seek class action status and this would be NO COST to anyone. I have an attorney willing to take on the case pro bono. the more plaintiffs I can acquire the better to put a stop to philly's continued violation of the UFA and more importantly the Criminal History Information Act. Every time Philly uses non conviction data, expungements, arrests that lead to a dismisal, summary offense, etc. is a violation of the PA Criminal History information Act. the Act allows for criminal sanctions up to 10,000 dollars per occurence. plus enjoin the guilty party from commiting future acts.

so if anyone has been a victim of the antics of the PPD Gun Permit Unit please contact me. this includes wrongful denials of LTCF, wrongful revocations, wrongful revocations being upheld by L and I.

(Montgomery County)

Get some!
    fortunately (or unfortunately in this case) I have never been harassed by the Philly gestapo, but I wish you luck in helping bring about justice.

(Philadelphia County)

We got some potential plaintiffs. the more the better.

PPD and L & I continued use of non conviction data clearly violates the Criminal History Record Information Act and for that we intent to make Philly pay!

(York County)

You might want to send an email notice to all the gun shops and shooting clubs in, and around, Philly to expand the potential pool of plaintiffs...

ID