Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kimber SIS

(Warren County)

Default Kimber SIS

Ever since the March 2008 issue of American Rifleman came out I've had it bad for this gun. I have a Kimber Tactical Pro that I love, it shoots as good as it looks. Anyways, earlier today while completing a transfer for a Taurus PT99 AF (good shooting gun, great price) I spotted one in the display case. This one was unfired, brand spanking new.............. I put it on layaway and will pick it up as soon as funds allow. Anyways, other then holding it for a few minutes, I've no experience other then the article in American Rifleman which I've read many times. Does anybody out there have any experience with them? I'd love to hear from you.

thanks!

Tim
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Kimber SIS

I have had one for over a year now. I love it. I have not had any problems with it. I have the SIS custom. My wife loves it also. She put the first 100 rounds through it. It is my primary carry gun. It was not suppose to be.

I had got it because I wanted a 1911. MY S&W 6906 performance center was my carry gun. I had used the 6906 in my first training. I went to the tactical training course early do I could put 100 round through the SIS. After using it I decided to use it in the training course. I have not looked back. I also used it in the advance tactical training course. It is easily used in both right and left hands.

At the gun store I go to the SIS had the longest waiting list for used guns. The gun you got would not have been in the case long in our area.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.