Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Tanfoglio Giuseppe

I just read an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer about the arrest of a teen that shot and killed two people at a party in Chester, PA. The weapon used was a Tanfoglio Giuseppe .32 caliber pistol. It struck me as an unusual choice for a common street thug, but I guess criminals use whatever guns they can steal or get from illegal sellers.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with Tanfoglio and can find little per reviews of their pistols. How do Tanfoglio pistols rate?

(Allegheny County)

Arrow Re: Tanfoglio Giuseppe

The EAA Witness series of pistols is made by Tangfolio; the Tangfolios and Berettas are cousins back in the old country - a long line of the family business, as it were. I'm not familiar with this .32 pistol either.

WWII trophy perhaps, stolen by said thug beforehand? Europeans always stuck their officers with the DINKIEST caliber pistols in the 20th century, it seems like.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Tanfoglio Giuseppe

I'm not familiar with the Giuseppe, and agree it seems like an odd choice for a street thug.

EAA is the US importer for Tanfoglio. I just ordered a EAA / Tanfoglio Stock II. I've read great reviews on their guns, with negative comments on the customer service. However the reliable reviews from recent years on EAA say that customer service is much better. The Witness is a great value due to it's low price and conversion ability. It will run 22, 9mm, 40, 45, 38 super, and 10mm all from the same frame. Conversion kits are available.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tanfoglio Giuseppe

the giuseppe is not a model. it is the origanal name of the company. fabbrica d'armi tanfoglio giuseppe. now they are called fratelli tanfoglio.

i have a tz-75 that is very well made. eons ago i had a gt32 made by tangfoglio and sold by excam. it was a knock off of a beretta. it was an okay pistol until it started going bang without any action from me. i didnt even bother looking into the problem. i traded it in on a new gun. told the dealer what the problem was but he didnt care. im sure that it was a simple fix for his gunsmith.