Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Any 'Smiths or wannabe?

I'm in the wannabe class. I am in the process of starting my first project. The typical ar lower from forging. I also want to convert my mini-mill to CNC and that is currently in the works. I'm waiting on the ballscrews for that.
    Really kinda wondering if anyone in the NEPA region is doing the same.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bric2000
    I'm in the wannabe class. I am in the process of starting my first project. The typical ar lower from forging. I also want to convert my mini-mill to CNC and that is currently in the works. I'm waiting on the ballscrews for that.
    I wish I had machining skills, that seems kind of like a skill you have to be around though. Like having a father who is a machinist or go to school for it.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

What kind of class is this? Always wanted to learn.

(Luzerne County)

Bric, I'm in NEPA too, wish I had better machines also But for a part timer the CNC is in the "someday" catagory for me.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Montgomery County)

I pretty much do everything i cna on my guns, unles it involves threading a barrel, and such that I don't have the machinery for.
    Everything that requires that gets the gunsmith:-)
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Luzerne County)

pa patriot

the best, period.

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Any 'Smiths or wannabe?

Im a wanna be. I also just ordered a couple lower receiver forgings. I may have some problesm with the magwell asd I dont have a mill.But Im pretty handy.
    I recently started duracoating guns as well. Soon everything I own will be duracopated. This stuff is great.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.