Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Unhappy Lots of oc misinformation out there

I had a trip to a local gun store today to do a pistol transfer and the gentleman that I was doing the transfer with was from the Philly area and we were talking about cc carry and how it was more difficult in the summer heat.
    I made the comment to him that, to bad he was in Philly he probably would be hassled for open carry if he tried.

Then the guy behind the counter chimed in and said "it is illegal to OC in Philly , you can't do that or you will get arrested " to which I replied oh really, what about the UFA.
    He insisted that it was a city of 1st class and NOBODY other than police could OC. They passed an ordinance making it illegal.
    I tried to tell him that with LTCF you could OC there and he copped an attitude and said that I should not be telling somebody something that could get them arrested.

I was like, wtf , and just decided to just shut my mouth and complete my transaction. I guess some people just don't get it. He actually got upset and had a bad attitude . I explained to they guy I was with out in the parking lot that it was ok with a LTCF and he should check out our website and do some research for himself.

I tried to be helpful and got a little bit of shit for it. O well at least I pointed someone in the right direction on here for the info.

Just my little rant.
    Cybersurf
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Lots of oc misinformation out there

Dont you know?
    Employees at gun stores know everything about firearm laws!

But I know the feeling.

I once had a gun shop owner actually throw me out of the store because I asked him if he had any 5.56mm M855 "Green Tip" ammo.

He began to shout at me in front of his fat doofus looking friends who sat around the gun store saying "What are you trying to get me shut down by the ATF?
    I dont sell armor piercing ammo here. Get out!"

I told him that I could just order it online and now rather not buy anything from him and left.

I have to say, I was extremely angry. And its difficult to make me angry.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Bucks County)

You really ought to name the shop where this idiot works. That way we can avoid spending money with idiots!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    You really ought to name the shop where this idiot works. That way we can avoid spending money with idiots!
    The shop was in Lancaster and I know he was not the owner. I never seen him there before. But it is a well known online dealer
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Dont you know?
    Employees at gun stores know everything about firearm laws!

But I know the feeling.
    The funny thing is I think he was seriously pissed

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by cybersurf View Post
    The funny thing is I think he was seriously pissed
    Probably.

The feeling I got was he didnt know what M855 was and when I said "Green Tip" he was thinking of black tip ammo, which is the armor piercing ammo.

And like most people out there, they have a very hard time admitting they are wrong. And since his inbred looking friends were in front of him, he had to save face and "throw some young punk" out of his store. Even though I am clean cut, well mannered and polite.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Venango County)

The shop was in Lancaster and I know he was not the owner. I never seen him there before. But it is a well known online dealer
    If he is not the owner, then I would like to still know the shop. If he pays people to stand there, and give out incorrect information about gun laws, how do we know this guy isn't giving out incorrect info on firearms?

"Hey pal, can I fire .38sp, in my .357 revolver?"
    "No, but with a hammer, you can fit a 30-30 round in there, and it works fine."

I have family in those parts, and would like to let them know to avoid this shop.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Cumberland County)

Connal
    sent you a pm.

"it is legal to OC in Philly , but you can't do that or you will get arrested "
    There, I fixed it for you. The two worst sources of correct gun law information are police officers and gun store employees. Never believe anything either says unless you verify it yourself. Not all are uninformed, but you have to learn for yourself who knows and who doesn't. The sad thing is, with a lot of cops, uninformed and uniformed go together.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    There, I fixed it for you. The two worst sources of correct gun law information are police officers and gun store employees. Never believe anything either says unless you verify it yourself. Not all are uninformed, but you have to learn for yourself who knows and who doesn't. The sad thing is, with a lot of cops, uninformed and uniformed go together.
    I agree 100% that is why I told the guy I was with to read up on it on this site as there is a wealth of info on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast