Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Letter to BJ's Wholesalers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    At least they are gonna check into it for you and hopefully they won't just blow it off.
    Would think if they were going to blow him off, they wouldn't have responded at all...

(Delaware County)

Good job, rep inbound. Keep us updated - I look forward to the response.

And, as others have said, try to remember to refer to your firearm as just that, a firearm, not a weapon. Although there's no confusion or debate about what guns are made to do, the word "weapon" makes it sound more aggressive than it's intended for.
    Junior

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    And, as others have said, try to remember to refer to your firearm as just that, a firearm, not a weapon. Although there's no confusion or debate about what guns are made to do, the word "weapon" makes it sound more aggressive than it's intended for.
    In defense of the O.P. I remember my training from the Military, it was never a 'gun' it was always rifle or weapon, preferably weapon, because it was universal to long arm or handgun depending on unit, organization and authorization for issue. It took me a good 5 years or so to unlearn this and refer to it with other less menacing terms.

Sounds like things worked the way they should. The manager was polite as where you. There wasn't a scene (that was mentioned) and you left. The letter was good and now they know ONE result of their policy. I really doubt the removal of OC patrons from BJ's is going to affect their bottom line, but we need to take a stand somewhere. Probably much less of an issue with CC because... well... its concealed.

I will be reluctant to utilize any business with this policy.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

"My wife and I were paying a visit to the BJ's location along Airport Road in Allentown, PA yesterday, April the 9th."

I frequent both the Allentown and Reading(5th St. Hwy/222) BJ's stores. In view of the indigenous peoples that also frequent the area I would NEVER go there unarmed.

(Northampton County)

I spent between $2,000 to $3,000 per year at BJ's for the last 10+ years.

This includes buying all the supplies to feed 15 guys for a week at our deer hunting lodge every year, except for the meat. I get the meat at Wegman's, which is better quality, plus Wegman's is CC/OC friendly.

I ran a report in Quicken with my yearly spending ay BJ's. I then called both BJ's customer service number and the President's to get an answer regarding their policy regarding lawfully carried firearms in their stores.

I am waiting to be called back from both their customer service staff and the President's office, since both people I spoke to did not know what their policy is.

Depending on the answer I get back from them, I may be driving across the street to Sam's Club to get a membership. Walmart supports their customer's civil rights and allows both concealed and open carry in their stores where it is legal.
    Last edited by Red; April 11th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post
    I frequent both the Allentown and Reading(5th St. Hwy/222) BJ's stores. In view of the indigenous peoples that also frequent the area I would NEVER go there unarmed.
    We got to the Allentown and Stroudsburg (Bartonsville) BJ's and my wife and I both carry for the same reason. Maybe if BJ's put their stores in lower crime areas they would get more customers.

(Indiana County)

Always remember.....

NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Would think if they were going to blow him off, they wouldn't have responded at all...
    Maybe so,but sometimes it does happen.It's like checking with the boss on something and he tells you yes I 'll look into it..........but never does.So yea,just because they responded,doesn't mean anything.But then that would not be good customer service now would it?

(Bucks County)

solid letter and good questions brought up, Ive concealed carry at BJ's and obviously never had issues and i have also never have seen any signs posted on any of the BJ's ive visted, Warrington, Quakertown, Allentown

trying to do a quick search on google, cant seem to find any of the stores policies on such situations.
    Last edited by Svickstc; April 11th, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast