Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Have to Send SD40 back to SW AGAIN!

So I just received my SD40 back from S&W after about a month of calling, getting nowhere, and dealing with rude customer service. I took it to the range today and during the first magazine I had another failure to fire, with the striker hitting the primer off center.

This is the same problem I had before and discussed with you all before. I asked S&W what repairs they had made and they said that they replaced the barrel.

I will call them again tomorrow so that I can send it back and get it fixed and wait another month to have it back in my hands. I really wanted to sell this piece of junk, but I simply can't sell it when I know it does not fire correctly.

I am not a happy camper right now...at least the Glock fired smoothly yet again today.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Have to Send SD40 back to SW AGAIN!

How far off center is it hitting? How many rounds total do you have through it? I have heard great things about S&W customer service but after personally dealing with them do not agree. I guess its also a matter of what individual rep you deal with. Maybe we both got the same guy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by acosenza2 View Post
    So I just received my SD40 back from S&W after about a month of calling, getting nowhere, and dealing with rude customer service. I took it to the range today and during the first magazine I had another failure to fire, with the striker hitting the primer off center.

This is the same problem I had before and discussed with you all before. I asked S&W what repairs they had made and they said that they replaced the barrel. .
    Odds are pretty good the slide and frame are not lining up correctly.

I would ask them to either replace the gun or refund your money.

Be FIRM but not abusive when you speak to CS.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    How far off center is it hitting? How many rounds total do you have through it? I have heard great things about S&W customer service but after personally dealing with them do not agree. I guess its also a matter of what individual rep you deal with. Maybe we both got the same guy. Good luck.
    I have a total of approximately 500 rounds through it. It is hitting near the edge of the primer and sometimes it hits half of the primer and half the brass.

As for the reps, I have only had a good experience with one of them, and he couldn't give me any information and said I would have to call back....but hey at least he was polite

Quote Originally Posted by PAS&W View Post
    Odds are pretty good the slide and frame are not lining up correctly.

I would ask them to either replace the gun or refund your money.

Be FIRM but not abusive when you speak to CS.

I had thought the same thing; that it was not lining up or locking into battery when the gun fires. Some others here have told me the same thing, and I expressed this concern to Smith and Wesson as well. Since I sent it in for repair once and I am still having the same issue, this time around I am going to ask for a replacement or a refund.

I am just quite disappointed with Smith and Wesson. Next time I get a gun from them it will be a revolver or from the M&P line, and leave their newer products alone.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by acosenza2 View Post

This is the same problem I had before and discussed with you all before. I asked S&W what repairs they had made and they said that they replaced the barrel.

I will call them again tomorrow so that I can send it back and get it fixed and wait another month to have it back in my hands. I really wanted to sell this piece of junk, but I simply can't sell it when I know it does not fire correctly.

I am not a happy camper right now...at least the Glock fired smoothly yet again today.

Kudos's to you for the above. Shows you're a stand up guy. My hats off to you. If I was a rich man I'd give you what you paid for that gun & tell S&W to shove it up their butt.