Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
Bold emphasis is mine...that's most days, with exceptions like yesterday.

I took the puppy out for a walk, and it was rather busy on State Street since they do Dining Under The Stars. Maybe it wasn't a great idea to take a super-high energy puppy down there, but I forgot that they did this stuff on Wednesdays.

A woman walked over and bent down to pet Barrett without asking for permission from me first. She was using the high pitched, "OMG A PUPPEH" voice...which is somewhat to be expected. He IS a cutie.

"I'd rather you didn't." I reeled Barrett in a little bit. If she'd have asked, I probably would have said yes.
"...Really? Why?" She had that tone in her voice, like she'd just been smacked upside the head.
"Because I'm training him." Admittedly, I am trying to get him used to being around people without jumping all over them.
"...And you're wearing two guns?" Mistakenly referring to the flashlight on my other side. Her voice was now dismissive and she walked away.
I said, "No, just one," but she was already ignoring me for not letting her pet my cute puppy.
I hate when people take it upon themselves to interject themselves into your business. It's simple common courtesy to at least ask before running your hands all over my dog. For all she knew, your dog could have been a biter, then it would have been your fault that she got bit because of her own ignorance. And what did your "wearing 2 guns" have to do with the fact that you're training your dog? There was no discernible reason for her to point that out as it had nothing to do with the situation at hand. Like I tell people around me, my gun on my hip might as well be a cell phone as far as you're concerned unless you threaten the lives of my friends and/or family.