Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 219 of 222 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2215

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Got 'em!

Y'all are brutal some days, you know?

I've given blood at the local donation center while openly armed at least half a dozen times in the last several years, and it's never been a problem. I just always make sure they tap my right arm and it's just business as usual; I flirt with the nurses, they flirt back, we have a great time. Few notice the iron, and none cared...until recently. For the first time, I got a male nurse, and he immediately becomes a problem between my weigh-in and blood pressure. "You can't have that," he says, pointing to my holster. Hoping to keep it from turning into a thing, I said "Don't worry about it, I have a license, it's fine." He comes back with, "That doesn't matter is the supervisor says it has to go." The supervisor I've chatted with umpteen times while donating? Okay. "It's not a problem if you don't make it a problem," I tried. He seems to drop it and proceeds to take my blood pressure and prick my finger for the iron count, but he never measures it. This little twerp skips that step - he just wanted to be a prick - and collects his paperwork, telling me to hold tight while he preps a chair. When he comes back, I get led all the way out to the drawing room, sat on the table, and a different nurse starts fiddling with the machine next to me - then stops. The supervisor comes over, all full of vinegar. "That has to go." "What do you mean?" "You can't have that in here." "All the times I've donated, it's never been a problem before -" "Yeah well that's because nobody noticed it until now." "Alright. Well, I'm not in the business of leaving firearms in unattended cars, so..." I collected my jacket, cancelled all future appointments at the front desk, and told the guy who called me from their call center the following day to ask for a plasma donation in the future to take my number off his list and exactly why. No disrespect to anyone there but the little narc who just had to tell on someone that day, of course...hopefully I find another reputable donation facility that doesn't hire pant-wetters.

I never was a big fan of huge heavy jackets or more layers of clothing that are absolutely necessary, so winter carry isn't really affected by my wardrobe too much. Conceal carry only happens when I'm wearing a jacket since most of my holsters are OWB, and I usually only take it with in the car if I'm going to the store since, how cold can you get between the parking lot and the vestibule, really? I'm a young, not-terribly-unfit, hot-blooded male...winter jackets are for babies. At most I might keep a sweater on to go most places, but with Corona and all, there's not much to do out of the house anyway.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

Well that's a shame for them to lose you. But beggars can't be choosers, your body your choice...

You basically told them you've always been armed, and now the day someone notices you'll decide to shoot up the place?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post

I've given blood at the local donation center while openly armed at least half a dozen times in the last several years, and it's never been a problem. I just always make sure they tap my right arm and it's just business as usual; I flirt with the nurses, they flirt back, we have a great time. Few notice the iron, and none cared...until recently. For the first time, I got a male nurse, and he immediately becomes a problem between my weigh-in and blood pressure. "You can't have that," he says, pointing to my holster. Hoping to keep it from turning into a thing, I said "Don't worry about it, I have a license, it's fine." He comes back with, "That doesn't matter is the supervisor says it has to go." The supervisor I've chatted with umpteen times while donating? Okay. "It's not a problem if you don't make it a problem," I tried. He seems to drop it and proceeds to take my blood pressure and prick my finger for the iron count, but he never measures it. This little twerp skips that step - he just wanted to be a prick - and collects his paperwork, telling me to hold tight while he preps a chair. When he comes back, I get led all the way out to the drawing room, sat on the table, and a different nurse starts fiddling with the machine next to me - then stops. The supervisor comes over, all full of vinegar. "That has to go." "What do you mean?" "You can't have that in here." "All the times I've donated, it's never been a problem before -" "Yeah well that's because nobody noticed it until now." "Alright. Well, I'm not in the business of leaving firearms in unattended cars, so..." I collected my jacket, cancelled all future appointments at the front desk, and told the guy who called me from their call center the following day to ask for a plasma donation in the future to take my number off his list and exactly why. No disrespect to anyone there but the little narc who just had to tell on someone that day, of course...hopefully I find another reputable donation facility that doesn't hire pant-wetters.

I never was a big fan of huge heavy jackets or more layers of clothing that are absolutely necessary, so winter carry isn't really affected by my wardrobe too much. Conceal carry only happens when I'm wearing a jacket since most of my holsters are OWB, and I usually only take it with in the car if I'm going to the store since, how cold can you get between the parking lot and the vestibule, really? I'm a young, not-terribly-unfit, hot-blooded male...winter jackets are for babies. At most I might keep a sweater on to go most places, but with Corona and all, there's not much to do out of the house anyway.
    Ah, you can't blame Tofu Timmy too much he was taught to be afraid of masculine men. It starts when they are young.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    We got your attention though, didn't we?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    We got your attention though, didn't we?
    He probably subscribes to this thread, now quit alerting him.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    He probably subscribes to this thread, now quit alerting him.
    Walleye knows not to feed my already inflated ego
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I dont think hes that old. 30's or 40s tops.

Being 30-40s is irrelevant my baby brother just died at the age of 33 years old last Tuesday. For no known reason we are awaiting the autopsy information

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    Being 30-40s is irrelevant my baby brother just died at the age of 33 years old last Tuesday. For no known reason we are awaiting the autopsy information
    Damn, sorry to hear that. The reason why I said that was due to the date the guy posted (1957)
    I met viper before, I know he isn't ten years older than me.

Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Delaware County)

Hey man, I'm really sorry. I hope you find peace soon.
    Junior

Page 219 of 222 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222 LastLast