Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default He called it...a "laserscope."

Good morning everyone, and thanks for checking in here and there. Open carry encounters are few and far between now, which has been wonderfully peaceful. I'm actually beginning to consider *gasp* concealed carry on a more regular basis, because mental fatigue is a thing, and I am thirty five, after all.

However, yesterday...there was this guy. I had stopped into a convenience store to buy a Thing. I went in, grabbed the Thing, and got in line to checkout. Another guy walked in, wanting to buy another Thing, who got in line behind me."Oh, that's a real gun," he said with genuine surprise, as if his first thought was that it might be a prop or a BB gun.
    "Of course," I replied, smiling over my shoulder.
    He goes, "It has a laserscope."
    I almost died of asphyxiation trying not to laugh out loud and to only sound friendly when I replied, "Flashlight." I paid for my Thing and left, then howled in laughter in my car.

Oh, here's a picture of Chester, the new addition to the house.
    RainyDays.jpg
    Junior

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: He called it...a "laserscope."

Awesome !
    --ET

(Delaware County)

Default SuperFlex

This morning, I stopped in at my local Wawa for brunch and some of that Blueberry Cobbler coffee they have - that shit is amazing. As I parked, a man with his wife and young daughter got out of a nearby parked car. The front bumper had a NY license plate, and the husband was wearing a tank top emblazoned with "I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my freedom" across the front. Slight mismatch.

Now, I was not going to say a word to him. Over the years I've grown somewhat fatigued of the drama that sometimes comes with these discussions, and even my wife finds it surprising when I keep my yap shut in instances where I previously would have started a conversation. So, I went into the store behind them and took care of my own business - but the moment he saw me, he couldn't keep his eyes from drifting my way. At first, he seemed entertained, as if he was condescendingly chuckling to himself, "look at this idiot." Then, as I was waiting for my food, he stepped over to me, daughter in his arms, and asked, "Excuse me, can I ask you something?"

Again, I wasn't going to say a word to him, except maybe "hello" if our eyes met for too long a moment. But he literally handed me the opportunity on a silver platter, and I could NOT resist.

"I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of MY freedom. OH!" Complete with the Negan lean from TWD and all.

He laughed, we chatted a bit and he was a super cool guy, who didn't actually realize I was referencing his shirt until after we finished talking about open carry, and he was over in the checkout line with his family. I then heard him say to his wife, "Oh, he was talking about my shirt," to which his wife replied, "You didn't pick up on that already?"

If I smoked cigarettes, I would have needed one on the way out of Wawa.
    Junior

(Juniata County)

Default Re: SuperFlex

"Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

It's been very quiet for me on the 2A front - mostly of my own doing, of course, because I haven't been actively campaigning for self-protection rights or getting harassed by uninformed police...if there are any left at this point.

My job has changed a few times over the last decade, most recently taking me back to a company I was with years previously. During my first stint, management appreciated the idea of officially 'permitting' on-the-job carry so much, they went out and bought additional insurance to cover the property in case a shooting took place. Maybe I should have them look into USCCA...anyway, that's neither here nor there. I left that company for a greener field and wound up coming back after finding the grass to taste awful, and within a couple of months, management held a company-wide meeting wherein it was announced that concealed carry is not only allowed but encouraged at work, and the only thing keeping us from being fully OC-friendly is the varying perspectives of a few employees, which everyone is happy to respect.

We picked up a new client not too long ago who was dealing with batshit-crazy ex-girlfriend issues. He wanted to completely revamp his network security, and when I arrived to install a new firewall, he was having a new security system installed, with cameras, motion sensors, glassbreak detectors and the whole nine. After the installer finished talking to him about the last bit, I mentioned, "and for everything else, there's a 12 gauge." To this, my new client responded by disappearing into a room and emerging with a 300 Blackout pistol - a man after my own heart. He let me hold his, so I brought my 300BLK build over on my next visit for him to fondle. A wonderful time was had by all.

One of the guys who monitors the self-checkout area at Wegmans told me he really liked my pistol a couple weeks ago. On a subsequent visit, he asked if I was a cop. For the record, I have never once been asked by any Wegmans employee to leave it in the car or leave because I was carrying, despite their known 'please don't OC' policy.

Oh, speaking of which...I'm 330+ days into the ATF clownshow called "waiting for a stamp to be approved." Once they get off their unconstitutional asses, maybe I'll make a video of what a JP Enterprises recoil capture system sounds like under fire - since you won't be able to hear the subs making their way downrange, or so I've been told.
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    After the installer finished talking to him about the last bit, I mentioned, "and for everything else, there's a 12 gauge." To this, my new client responded by disappearing into a room and emerging with a 300 Blackout pistol - a man after my own heart. He let me hold his, so I brought my 300BLK build over on my next visit for him to fondle. A wonderful time was had by all.
    Sounds Kinky! Who had a longer barrel? Sending you a PM
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Lol....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    It's been very quiet for me on the 2A front - mostly of my own doing, of course, because I haven't been actively campaigning for self-protection rights or getting harassed by uninformed police...if there are any left at this point.

My job has changed a few times over the last decade, most recently taking me back to a company I was with years previously. During my first stint, management appreciated the idea of officially 'permitting' on-the-job carry so much, they went out and bought additional insurance to cover the property in case a shooting took place. Maybe I should have them look into USCCA...anyway, that's neither here nor there. I left that company for a greener field and wound up coming back after finding the grass to taste awful, and within a couple of months, management held a company-wide meeting wherein it was announced that concealed carry is not only allowed but encouraged at work, and the only thing keeping us from being fully OC-friendly is the varying perspectives of a few employees, which everyone is happy to respect.

We picked up a new client not too long ago who was dealing with batshit-crazy ex-girlfriend issues. He wanted to completely revamp his network security, and when I arrived to install a new firewall, he was having a new security system installed, with cameras, motion sensors, glassbreak detectors and the whole nine. After the installer finished talking to him about the last bit, I mentioned, "and for everything else, there's a 12 gauge." To this, my new client responded by disappearing into a room and emerging with a 300 Blackout pistol - a man after my own heart. He let me hold his, so I brought my 300BLK build over on my next visit for him to fondle. A wonderful time was had by all.

One of the guys who monitors the self-checkout area at Wegmans told me he really liked my pistol a couple weeks ago. On a subsequent visit, he asked if I was a cop. For the record, I have never once been asked by any Wegmans employee to leave it in the car or leave because I was carrying, despite their known 'please don't OC' policy.

Oh, speaking of which...I'm 330+ days into the ATF clownshow called "waiting for a stamp to be approved." Once they get off their unconstitutional asses, maybe I'll make a video of what a JP Enterprises recoil capture system sounds like under fire - since you won't be able to hear the subs making their way downrange, or so I've been told.
    Glad you see you popped in.....I just started the form 4 process a few weeks ago...so the wait begins

I only saw one OC ever at Wegmans and it is was the one outside of Allentown

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Now now, it's not about size, it's about knowing how to use it, you know that as well as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Glad you see you popped in.....I just started the form 4 process a few weeks ago...so the wait begins

I only saw one OC ever at Wegmans and it is was the one outside of Allentown
    Some people are having waits as short as 90 days, believe it or not. The last ATF agent I spoke to a month ago or so said the average is 270.
    That Wegmans is the one I go to, but I have also seen someone else OCing there as well.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

Default The ATF can eat out of my butt.

Almost a year of waiting, and the ATF denied my suppressor Form 4 because, according to them, another NICS check was left in an 'open' status, and - despite the fact that I've been background checked at least fourteen other times and every one has come back clean, I've worked with children and as a firefighter, and have never been in any trouble with the law that they didn't start since I was 21 - this means there may be something about me hidden in that unfinished background check which might make me a prohibited person.

'Oh yeah it's fine, he can have all kinds of rifles, anti-materiel weapons and all the body armor in the world....wait, he wants to keep[ his rifle quiet in the house in case he has to use it to protect his property? Oh no fuck all of that...ears are dangerous.'
    Junior

Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222 LastLast