Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 217 of 222 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

Default Re: Got 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    This discussion came up on another board. Obviously, there is a WHOLE lot more discussion going on, and the OP had long since been straightened out on the way our laws work. So I scrolled down, and only had to go a little way before I found this fella.

Attachment 135638
    I quickly scrolled on by with that post on FB. Its a complete train wreck, with a mixture of truth, partial truth, and complete ignorance of the law. 3 separate conversations arguing over LTCF VS CCP...ETC. made my head hurt

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    I quickly scrolled on by with that post on FB. Its a complete train wreck, with a mixture of truth, partial truth, and complete ignorance of the law. 3 separate conversations arguing over LTCF VS CCP...ETC. made my head hurt
    Yeah, I'm still appalled at the sheer volume of misinformation out there.
    Junior

Yeah, I'm still appalled at the sheer volume of misinformation out there.
    Honestly 80% of the misinformation is done by the sheriff's office telling people that open carry with a LTCF is illegal, or a buddy who is/ was in law enforcement. You can throw as many references/legal documents at them proving their assumptions are incorrect, and they'll still claim your wrong. Arguing with my wife has better results, marginally

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    Honestly 80% of the misinformation is done by the sheriff's office telling people that open carry with a LTCF is illegal, or a buddy who is/ was in law enforcement. You can throw as many references/legal documents at them proving their assumptions are incorrect, and they'll still claim your wrong. Arguing with my wife has better results, marginally
    You would think that with all of humanity's recorded knowledge stored in a little device in our pockets, people would you know, look up legal statutes instead of trusting their wife's boyfriend's nephew who failed out of the police academy and is now working at Dick's Sporting Goods.
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Open Carry

There's this little place in Allentown on 19th Street called Mama's Pizza. Long story short, a successful Reading-area Italian franchise took over my favorite pizza joint in the area and moved them a mile or so closer to the city. Okay, no big deal - turns out, their food is even better now, so I've been there three times. The first time, I had a 2A hat on (because sometimes I am that guy) and the owner - a young guy, seems like he's got a lot of fire in him - made positive comments. The second time I was in, here was there again as well, and recognized me. Then, the other night, something vaguely interesting happened.

After I placed my order, I turned around to make room for anyone else who might come in and need to do the same. As I did, the reflection of the front window gave me a great view of the rest of the store. When I first walked in, there was a man with what looked like his young son in the back corner at a table, and half a dozen young males at another set of tables arranged to accommodate eight. As I watched them in the window reflection, one of the youths who was standing around "drew" a pretend gun and did the whole sideways-gangster-gunfingers-BLAP! thing with his hand, much to the amusement of his little friends.

I spun on my heels and looked him right in the eye. "What was that?" Silence. He awkwardly looks at his friends, who leave him high and dry. He looks back at me.
    He needed prompting. "I saw you in the window. Is there something you'd like to share?"
    "No."
    "Okay, because for a second there it seemed like you had something you wanted to say."
    This time, he simply shook his head, and turned back to his friends. I went back to waiting for my food, but the owner caught my eye.
    "Are they giving you a hard time?"
    "No, they're fine, they're boys being boys."
    "Okay, because I don't want them starting trouble." This is all being said without any attempt to hide the conversation from said youths.
    "No no, they're cool."

The youths filter out - quietly, mind you - and the man from the back corner with his young son comes over. After asking if I was police or military and finding out I am just a "concerned citizen," he thanked me for speaking up to the boys. "Every other word from them was something I don't even want my kid hear - I had to get my son involved in an episode of something on his phone." He was too busy being nice for me to point out the irony in his expression of gratitude. The owner took a moment to express his own appreciation as well, because Friday nights in Allentown can be sketchy under the best of circumstances.

Anyway, Mama's Pizza on 19th Street in Allentown. Go there, and tell them the guy with the open carry gun sent you. And tip them well, too.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; December 3rd, 2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Junior

(Lancaster County)

There's this little place in Allentown on 19th Street called Mama's Pizza. Long story short, a successful Reading-area Italian franchise took over my favorite pizza joint in the area and moved them a mile or so closer to the city. Okay, no big deal - turns out, their food is even better now, so I've been there three times. The first time, I had a 2A hat on (because sometimes I am that guy) and the owner - a young guy, seems like he's got a lot of fire in him - made positive comments. The second time I was in, here was there again as well, and recognized me. Then, the other night, something vaguely interesting happened.

After I placed my order, I turned around to make room for anyone else who might come in and need to do the same. As I did, the reflection of the front window gave me a great view of the rest of the store. When I first walked in, there was a man with what looked like his young son in the back corner at a table, and half a dozen young males at another set of tables arranged to accommodate eight. As I watched them in the window reflection, one of the youths who was standing around "drew" a pretend gun and did the whole sideways-gangster-gunfingers-BLAP! thing with his hand, much to the amusement of his little friends.

I spun on my heels and looked him right in the eye. "What was that?" Silence. He awkwardly looks at his friends, who leave him high and dry. He looks back at me.
    He needed prompting. "I saw you in the window. Is there something you'd like to share?"
    "No."
    "Okay, because for a second there it seemed like you had something you wanted to say."
    This time, he simply shook his head, and turned back to his friends. I went back to waiting for my food, but the owner caught my eye.
    "Okay, because I don't want them starting trouble." This is all being said without any attempt to hide the conversation from said youths.
    "No no, they're cool."

The youths filter out - quietly, mind you - and the man from the back corner with his young son comes over. After asking if I was police or military and finding out I am just a "concerned citizen," he thanked me for speaking up to the boys. "Every other word from them was something I don't even want my kid hear - I had to get my son involved in an episode of something on his phone." He was too busy being nice for me to point out the irony in his expression of gratitude. The owner took a moment to express his own appreciation as well, because Friday nights in Allentown can be sketchy under the best of circumstances.

Anyway, Mama's Pizza on 19th Street in Allentown. Go there, and tell them the guy with the open carry gun sent you. And tip them well, too.
    Good job dealing with the youngins. Maybe they all will learn something from it.
    "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

"No."
    "No no, they're cool."

Your actions seem needlessly provocative, an escalation of the situation that did not need to occur. Someone finger-gunned you. So what?

Not saying you were wrong to do so, but I do think it wasn't the best way to respond.

I disagree. It takes a village to raise a child. If the village doesn't do their job, they wind up with animals.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Your actions seem needlessly provocative, an escalation of the situation that did not need to occur. Someone finger-gunned you. So what?

Not saying you were wrong to do so, but I do think it wasn't the best way to respond.
    And the next person they finger gun, the 'wrong' guy, a gang member, may REAL gun them... maybe the little attitude adjustment saved one of their lives, we'll never know. I see your point, but I see Mark's too.

How old were the yutes?

Also was the finger gun a 1911 or a Glock? It matters...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    And the next person they finger gun, the 'wrong' guy, a gang member, may REAL gun them... maybe the little attitude adjustment saved one of their lives, we'll never know. I see your point, but I see Mark's too.

How old were the yutes?

Also was the finger gun a 1911 or a Glock? It matters...
    Bold for emphasis, as I agree he has a valid point - I simply believed correction was more important, given the situation, than complacency.

Fourteen, maybe?

Hi Point.
    Junior

Page 217 of 222 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221 ... LastLast