Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 215 of 222 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2215

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default Re: My anti-gun neighbor's husband apologized to me today

While on a grocery run last week, I stopped in at Eastern Arms on 309. After having the kid behind the counter grab the last pair of 5.56 boxes on the shelf, I was checking out the rifle accessories - how few there were - when the guy running the shop walked right into a stereotype.

"Want to know some trivia?"

He proceeds to tell me alllllll about this class he just went to that was run by the Sheriff's Association where a dozen or so certified, credentialed law enforcement representatives and county judges told him horror stories or people who were openly carrying being arrested and jailed around the state during the State of Emergency because the LTCF is a "Licence to carry CONCEALED..." He was only trying to help me, of course, because he saw that I was openly carrying and didn't want me to get hemmed up. I bet him the two boxes of ammo I was buying that he couldn't find the word 'concealed' on his license and he wouldn't take me up on it. Throughout the entire conversation, the guy who was running the shop was so wrong on so many points, and so convinced that he couldn't possibly be off the mark, I don't think I will be shopping down there again.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    While on a grocery run last week, I stopped in at Eastern Arms on 309. After having the kid behind the counter grab the last pair of 5.56 boxes on the shelf, I was checking out the rifle accessories - how few there were - when the guy running the shop walked right into a stereotype.

"Want to know some trivia?"

He proceeds to tell me alllllll about this class he just went to that was run by the Sheriff's Association where a dozen or so certified, credentialed law enforcement representatives and county judges told him horror stories or people who were openly carrying being arrested and jailed around the state during the State of Emergency because the LTCF is a "Licence to carry CONCEALED..." He was only trying to help me, of course, because he saw that I was openly carrying and didn't want me to get hemmed up. I bet him the two boxes of ammo I was buying that he couldn't find the word 'concealed' on his license and he wouldn't take me up on it. Throughout the entire conversation, the guy who was running the shop was so wrong on so many points, and so convinced that he couldn't possibly be off the mark, I don't think I will be shopping down there again.
    If this is the one in Quakertown, I don't patronize this store...rumor is he doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows and some of the guns on display are his own.

Viper, what video app are you using? Does it upload in real time?
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Monroe County)

Tell me the shop has CCW badges. LOL
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

I have a phone app now called Quick Video Recorder. You can set it up for a single tap and it will record to your phone, and you can lock the screen without interrupting. This way you can prevent someone from shutting it off.

At Kelly Service in Emmaus today, waiting for my car, one of the ladies at checkin called my 1911 "beautiful."
    Junior

He's alive. Good tip on that app, will check it out. I keep my camera and a voice recorder on the home icons on the bottom of the phone screen but this sounds better.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

This morning, I paid some much needed attention to my car's windows. While working on the driver's side, the husband of my anti-gun neighbor who thinks the Gadsden flag is racist was on a walk about the neighborhood. He smiled and nodded my way and I nodded back, and after a few more paces, he decided he wanted to point out some irony. He stopped, turned on his heels, and came back in my direction. From across the street, he called out to me.

"I'm glad you have all those guns now, you might have to defend the whole block for us!"

I looked up, smiled and nodded again, and went back to the task at-hand, grinning to myself. I couldn't help but chuckle internally at his audacity, and my own fortune for having the pleasure of actually hearing this expressed directly to me. He drastically over-estimates his position on my list of priorities - and local allies. I don't think he knows how many of his neighbors also own firearms and carry regularly, or the fact that online memes refer to his house as a grocery store.

After a couple seconds of continuing to wipe the windows, I glanced up and he was still looking over at me, with an anticipatory look on his face. He didn't just want to express himself, he wanted a dialogue. Okay.

"Funny how that works, huh?"
    "Yeah, heheheh...nobody's, uh -"
    "I seemed a little weird before, but now, you're looking at my house going, 'hey that's the place we want to be near.'" I couldn't help but let a little sneer slide into my voice.
    "I'm sorry, but you're right - I have to say, you were right all along."

We exchanged additional pleasantries and he let us know that they are doing well in terms of health and keeping busy. Good to know.
    Invite him to the range, you might convert him. The educate him on his his vote matters and owning guns while voting Democrat is screwing yourself.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

On Friday, I stopped into the courthouse in Allentown to renew my LTCF. It took less than an hour to drive there, park, walk two blocks to the front door, check my pistol, fill out the form, have my picture taken, retrieve my pistol, walk back to the car and drive home. The clerk said it should arrive in the mail in less than three weeks, and the young man minding the door asked why I prefer the 45ACP over 9mm - "I like big things." That made him laugh. It wasn't until I got home that I realized my picture will depict me wearing my bright red "CASUAL F*CKING FRIDAY" T-shirt.

Yesterday, while tooling around the Lansdale area, we stopped into the Super Wawa in Hatfield. I held the door for a man who literally cheered when he saw I was carrying - "That's the way to do it!" - and the young guy behind the counter who rung me out said he loved my 2A ballcap.

This morning, I had some Priority Mail to send via the little USPS kiosk at the supermarket. While fiddling with my package (lulz), a line began to form, so I stepped aside and encouraged those behind me to be waited on. When the older woman who was next simply left, the guy behind her came to the counter. He saw my puzzled look and said, "I guess she got scared when she saw your gun." We both shrugged.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; July 20th, 2020 at 08:45 AM.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

On Friday, I stopped into the courthouse in Allentown to renew my LTCF. It took less than an hour to drive there, park, walk two blocks to the front door, check my pistol, fill out the form, have my picture taken, retrieve my pistol, walk back to the car and drive home. The clerk said it should arrive in the mail in less than three weeks, and the young man minding the door asked why I prefer the 45ACP over 9mm - "I like big things." That made him laugh. It wasn't until I got home that I realized my picture will depict me wearing my bright red "CASUAL F*CKING FRIDAY" T-shirt.

Yesterday, while tooling around the Lansdale area, we stopped into the Super Wawa in Hatfield. I held the door for a man who literally cheered when he saw I was carrying - "That's the way to do it!" - and the young guy behind the counter who rung me out said he loved my 2A ballcap.

This morning, I had some Priority Mail to send via the little USPS kiosk at the supermarket. While fiddling with my package (lulz), a line began to form, so I stepped aside and encouraged those behind me to be waited on. When the older woman who was next simply left, the guy behind her came to the counter. He saw my puzzled look and said, "I guess she got scared when she saw your gun." We both shrugged.
    She got a call from her FFL, her new Barrett M107 finally arrived.

(Delaware County)

Onenof the young guys working at Target just practically ran up to us after doing the "holy shit he carrying" double-take at the other end of the aisle. He asked us if we needed help finding anything, then announced that his favorite gun is the H&K USP 45 Tactical. He then ran off like a kid who just announced he got an A+ on his spelling test. It was the most adorable!
    Junior

Page 215 of 222 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast