Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 170 of 222 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default BB&T is a buncha commies

I stepped into the bank today to pull a little cash since my "new" bank hasn't delivered my new debit card yet. My old bank, National Penn, was bought out by BB&T, so lots of changes have down the pike, including their carry policy, apparently.

Anyway, I've been with National Penn for about eight months now, and from the day I signed up in the local branch, I haven't had a single problem, mention, or even a glance. Today - the first day of the bank officially being BB&T - that changed.

When I got the counter, the first thing out of the teller's mouth was, "So I see you have a gun. You can't have that in here. This is a Federal building, it's against the law. You have to leave it in your car."

I wasted no time informing her that not only was she flat out wrong, but if that if they have any anti-gun policy, as soon as I get my next paycheck, I'll be taking my business to another bank. She scurried off to go tattle on me to her manager, while a different teller took care of my cash withdrawal.

While working on the transaction, the manager came over and informed me that they believe it's safer for both their customers and their employees that firearms be left unattended in the parking lot in their owner's cars, rather than securely holstered on the hips of the people who are responsible for them.

Needless to say, this week is going to see a change in my banking affiliation. I called their corporate number and left a message for management, and my fiance did a quick search online. She found the following post on Facebook:

BB&T Bank, based in North Carolina has been taking over other banks and jacking up fees charged. But the worse thing they are doing, is banning legal, concealed-carry weapons on their premises, 'for the customers' protection'.'Tis true. I went to make a deposit for my small business and was told I was not allowed to bring a concealed weapon onto their property or to defend myself, even with my wife or my grandchildren were with me. I called the corporate office and questioned the policy. They said they understand banks are dangerous places, and that many robberies have occurred in the Susquehanna Valley of PA where I live. They also said statistically, it is more dangerous for me to have a weapon, then to be defenseless, because I could shoot myself in the leg. Upon hearing how deeply embedded this progressive group-think has become, I just wanted to shoot myself in the head.
    Anyhow, for the safety of my family and myself, I am closing my BB&T accounts and doing business across the street wear only hoodies, hats and sunglasses are banned, but licensed concealed-carry weapons are welcomed. And it was not the Adams County Bank who said they have the same prohibition cited in their employee workplace violence policy which they have extended to all weapons except authorized weapons, and, they said legally carried, licensed and concealed weapons are not considered authorized, and, that the employee policy is automatically applied to customers. Even those making large daily deposits. The weapons are not allowed on the premises, including the parking lot. So, fellow citizens and friends, you can not even leave your place of business with your weapon to head to the bank.
    By the way, someone was murdered in the front yard about four houses towards town from the BB&T Branch. Give this some thought and decide if you trust liberal, disarmament policies to protect you and your payroll. Private message me if you want other local banks banning any and all weapons, except from the bad guys. I doubt robbers will see the sign at BB&T and turn around to place their gun into their car before returning to rob the bank. If anyone in Adams & York Counties believes this information should be shared with the general public, PM me to discuss fund-raising to buy an ad in one of the local papers.
    And now that BB&T has placed a large, no guns sign on their door, guess where all the robbers will head. I'll not be there. I pray for the employees who were told they cannot even have a weapon in their vehicle.
    Time to find a local credit union, I guess.

On a lighter note: I was carrying concealed at a family birthday party on Saturday and one of the party go-ers, maybe in her mid-60's, playfully tried to whap me after I made a snarky comment about her. Her backhand got nothing but metal when she made contact with the .380 in my pocket, and she yelped - then asked me if I was packing. A little while later, she made a point of saying she felt very safe having me there.

So fuck that bank.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; July 18th, 2016 at 04:46 PM.
    Junior

Default Re: BB&T is a buncha commies

I just joined truemark financial credit union. I dont know their policies though,
    but they dont charge 2.00 a month for paper statements, and I only need 500.00
    in my account, not 1000.00 like TD.
    Bye TD.

(York County)

PSECU - a very tech savy credit union, all electronic, minimal fees, great loan programs. 20 years and all smiles!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    After four separate people came to me asking for advice on firearms and related safety and responsibility, I have decided to pursue my certifications as a firearms instructor! Now, I am going to get them one way or another, though it may take a bit of time thanks to money restrictions. As such, and since I consider this a way of contributing back to my community, I have started a GoFundMe page for those who happen to be so inclined to help me along in the process.

The link to the page is here - any and all donations to it will go directly to the stated purpose and nothing else. The faster I am able to get certified and flesh out my firearms education, the sooner I can get started with some of the "So You Want to Buy a Gun?" style classes. I'll start there, anyway.

Thanks in advance for anyone who happens to feel the urge to help me with this.
    Do you mind if I share your gofundme on facebook?

I left banks for a CU about 15 years ago and have never had an issue. The BB&T's have taken over all of the Susquehanna Banks here in YorkCo. I'll spread the word to avoid them.

(Bucks County)

I've been using USAA for banking for more than 10 years. I don't need a branch. Everything is done electronically and if I need cash then off to the Wawa for no-fee ATM.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I've been using USAA for banking for more than 10 years. I don't need a branch. Everything is done electronically and if I need cash then off to the Wawa for no-fee ATM.
    Same here. I've been a member of USAA for 26 years and been using them for banking for twelve. Yeah, getting a check is a bit of a challenge for cashing, but nothing too difficult to overcome.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Same here. I've been a member of USAA for 26 years and been using them for banking for twelve. Yeah, getting a check is a bit of a challenge for cashing, but nothing too difficult to overcome.
    Not too bad... that's what the mobile banking app is for, or a scanner. depositing cash is the problem
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Not too bad... that's what the mobile banking app is for, or a scanner. depositing cash is the problem
    Getting the cash to deposit is more a problem, unless you have a retail cash business or sell drugs. I have found that I never deposit cash. Any I receive just lessens the amount I need to take out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I left banks for a CU about 15 years ago and have never had an issue. The BB&T's have taken over all of the Susquehanna Banks here in YorkCo. I'll spread the word to avoid them.
    The closest CU to me displays a gunbuster sign prominently.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 170 of 222 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast