Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 162 of 222 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Yesterday, I carried a loaded firearm into an elementary school.

My voting location is in the local primary school, and after discussing the various variables with my fiance, we decided that yesterday was a perfect opportunity to test the "other lawful purpose" exemption of the prohibition of carrying a weapon in a school. However, no drama whatsoever unfolded. The voting staff all noticed that I was OCing a Glock, but no one so much as hesitated let alone raised a fuss about it. We both noticed them looking, but that was all - and the staff member wearing a shield around his neck, probably a sheriff, kept his eye on me, but didn't act any differently otherwise. Other voters came in and may or may not have noticed, but all in all, it was uneventful.

The "other lawful purpose" remains largely untested, with that one high school football game being the only exception that comes to mind.
    Kudos to you for being proactive. That's not one I'd be willing to test out with oc. My guess is they weren't going to make an issue out of it since it was your polling place. If it was during actual school hours or a school function I'm willing to bet you'd have a few more issues.

I'm sure you're aware of the make up of our current pa high court. I don't think this would be the best time to try and test this out with them personally. I would bet we would end up with another poor judgement. Especially in today's climate.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ViperGTS19801 again."
    Quote Originally Posted by splink View Post
    Same here.

Got him for the 3 of us.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

WOW, big cojones... Thank you Mark.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for all the awesome feedback, guys!

This is unrelated to OC, but because of my dashcam video, a reporter from San Francisco's 7ABC will be doing an interview with me tonight about how dashcams are useful for citizens as well as the police. I'm gonna OC while doing so, and try to slickly find a way to stand up or sit down while he and I are chatting. Hehe.

That was fun! I was just interviewed by Michael Finney from 7ABC News in San Francisco, California. He wanted to hear my side of the incident from a few years ago when I was stopped by a Towamencin police officer for running a red light, when in fact, I hadn't.

Although I did unintentionally roll my front tires over the stop line, I came to a full stop, waited for cross traffic, then proceeded on my right turn. In the end, the officer decided to write me a citation, regardless not only of the fact that I had a camera of my own rolling the whole time, but also despite obviously not having actually seen me when I was stopped.

It was on this basis that the charge was thrown out in traffic court, and as a result, I made a YouTube post about the whole thing to help raise awareness of how dash cameras can help you out in a pinch. I believe they have great benefits and very few challenges, and when Mr. Finney came across my video channel, he found something he wanted to use. As it turns out, he had been looking to do a spot about dash cams for a while, but was having difficulty finding any credible instances he could use as an example.

It was an excellent interview and I am looking forward to seeing it come out. The expected air date will be May 12th at 2am eastern (their 11 o'clock slot) on ABC7 News San Francisco. If you don't live in their service area, you can find their live stream at http://abc7news.com/live/
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; April 28th, 2016 at 07:53 PM.
    Junior

That San Fran reporter is going to get caught crapping his pants on video.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

On Saturday morning, the missus and I strolled around the block for the annual neighborhood yard sale. Aside from petting some gorgeous dogs and briefly considering buying a leaf blower, it was uneventful, aside from one woman who made a few comments.

She'd never seen someone in the Allentown area open carrying before. Her husband and brother both have their LTCFs and carry concealed daily, and she'd seen open carry in Philadelphia before, but never up here. She was very friendly - Pat was her name, if memory serves.
    Junior

If there was ever a meme made for Viper this is it.

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    If there was ever a meme made for Viper this is it.

Tommy Lee Jones Glock.jpg
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    'Lose the nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Clock'.

(Delaware County)

I received a text message this morning that made me extremely happy!

"[Midget, who is nine years old] wants to go to the gun range one day and learn more about firearm safety and proper usage."

Woo! Gonna capitalize on this educational opportunity this month!
    Junior

Page 162 of 222 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast