Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 122 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Not worth creating a thread about. Was out early to vote, polls were no yet open so I stopped by the local gas station to get coffee. A man I did not recognize - but perhaps should have given that there are not that many that live in our township was clearly looking at my firearm. We commented on the waste of taxpayer monies some of the townships want to engage on by creating a police force.

When we got outside he asked that I was carrying. I said A 1911. He noted it seemed to hav a short barrel & I said yes, that is my one regret - that I bought an officer's model instead of the full sized.

He was polite enough to say that it does make it smaller & easier to conceal. He was clearly not saying that I should conceal just that it was easier. I aknolages the truth of this statement; but replies as I only conceal at church because my wife said she would not o with me otherwise - I have trouble finding much comfort in the smaller size. We chatted some more about the complete lack of need for local cops in our are, Constibles & how we both agree everyone should carry.

I then went & voted, which occurred without issue.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Today was a much more active OC day than the last two weeks - although, I spent something on the order of four and a half hours walking about and loitering in downtown Philadelphia. These things happen when you blow the doors off of a contracted project and finish all the available work halfway through the alloted time, and they decide to terminate the contract two weeks early. Free time's a bitch.

Anyway, there were four separate encounters to speak of today as I covered a little over six miles on foot.

The first was a man just south of City Hall. As we stood at a red light together, he said hello.

"Wow...that's a shocker."
    "Sorry?"
    "Seeing you with a pistol."
    "What makes me so special?"
    "Well, you're standing there, dressed all dapper, and then I see your sidearm. Don't see that every day up here...I'm from down south where everyone has a permit to carry."
    "Oooh, okay, I gotcha. Well, have a great day."
    "You too - be safe."

A bit later, as I walked down Market Street, the T-Mobile folks were out selling their service. Two young ladies and one young man, all of which wearing shirts that were pinker than mine. The male spoke up as I approached:

"Alright! Another man rockin' a pink shirt! I love it."

I gave him a smile and a thumbs up as I walked. His comment was immediately followed by an exclamation from one of the girls.

"Whoaaaaa! He's loaded!! Look at that! I like it..."

I couldn't help but grin like an idiot as I walked away.

After eating lunch, walking all the way down to 4th and Market, resting a bit and heading back up towards my vehicle, it took until I was all the way back to 40th and Chestnut before the next encounter took place. A pair of University Police came out of a building, splitting off as one went to his vehicle and the other walked in the same direction I was. He was a touch older, obviously with quite a bit of experience in his profession. He smiled over to me after walking astride me for a bit.

"Are you LCE?" I didn't understand what he was asking and had to have him repeat himself, at which point he said, "Liquor Control Enforcement."
    "Nope! I have a License to Carry."
    "Ahh," he said, with a surprising amount of enthusiasm. "And you like to carry it out?"
    "Yup. It's a lot more comfortable when you're carrying such a big piece," I said as we crossed the street together.
    "Ah. What is it, .45?"
    "Yes it is."
    "I carry a .45 off-duty myself. You like it locked and cocked?"
    "Yep."
    "It's too easy that way, right?"
    "Too easy for who?"
    "Too easy for you! Does it have another safety?"
    "Nah - my safeties are my brain and my eyes. I'm not the kind of guy who goes off half-cocked - not to make a bad pun."
    "I hear you. There's people out there with both trains of though...some people like to keep it concealed, don't want anyone to know they have it, you know...that's the way I carry, myself. But then there's the other type of thinking, where they like to carry out, they aren't afraid to let people know."
    "The way I see it, there's two people on this block that are the least likely to have trouble come to them - and that's you and me."
    "That's most likely correct."
    "I can understand where the whole 'element of surprise' thing has an appeal, and seems to make sense on the surface...but, you know, 'surprise, you're being robbed!' Now who has the advantage?"
    "Right, right." We got to where he was turning off, into the University Police station. "You have a good day and take care."
    I made a point to shake his hand as we split.

Finally, when I got home, I hit the polls to vote. When I parked in front of the police station, there were two groups of people nearby, since apparently the borough is split depending on where you live, and the location of your particular poll might vary based on that. A police officer who happened to be parking at the same time I was told me who to ask to find out where to go. As I walked away after thanking him, he called back out, "you better make sure you're okay to go in there with that," referring, of course to carrying a gun to the polls. "I am," I replied, with the 'don't worry, I know what I'm doing' not having to be said.

Also, I got this pretty sweet picture.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; November 4th, 2014 at 11:32 PM.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

I did this morning. No issues.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    Why you gotta be such a dick all the time? I mean, he was just being polite to you thinking that if he's nice to Mr. Policeman that perhaps his parole will be shortened and there you are all OCing and shit and Mr. Atttitudy-Judy. I mean... Seriously, dude... wtf is wrong with you? LOL
    Hey, cut Viper some slack...he has plenty to watch out for.... You know, foot stompers, some dude on a bike....and them damn Navy Seals lurking under the man holes..
    God Bless America and pass the ammunition!

(Monroe County)

Black pistol shows nicely against that pretty pink shirt!

(York County)

Love the pic, but that whole left-hand thing really creeps me out. Just ain't right
    Sounds like a great day.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    A bit later, as I walked down Market Street, the T-Mobile folks were out selling their service. Two young ladies and one young man, all of which wearing shirts that were pinker than mine.

Also, I got this pretty sweet picture.

I wanted to post this yesterday but I got busy.

While I love the song it is a effed up video, but then again it is Aerosmith.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    Love the pic, but that whole left-hand thing really creeps me out. Just ain't right
    Sounds like a great day.
    I just saw this. You know us Lefty's aren't right.

(Delaware County)

I'm curious Viper. been following the thread for a while. How do you OC in the winter? Holster change or coat that hugs the waist?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamltnblue View Post
    I'm curious Viper. been following the thread for a while. How do you OC in the winter? Holster change or coat that hugs the waist?
    I know he has a drop-leg holster...

Page 122 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast