Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 116 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I would have politely told her she had ugly shoes.
    Or..

BJ police... How bout one

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Took the little one for pizza before soccer practice. The guy running the place said, "What kind of gun is that?" before telling me about where he comes from, everyone has the "curved magazines" - he's from Guatemala and they carry rifles all the time, apparently.
    Not surprising - Guatemala is pretty bad.

(Delaware County)

This week, I've been rocking the thigh holster and my Glock 23, because, you know, why not. There's been lots of looks, lots of gawkers, and a few "wow"s and "look at that"'s, but nothing negative. In fact, this morning, in line at WallyWorld, a woman in front of me was purchasing a pair of Matchbox cars for her grandsons. She looked me over, examined my holster briefly, then made eye contact.

"You look like someone who's well-equipped...do you have a knife?"

She wanted me to open the packages so her boys, no older than 3, could play with their cars. Being a third party, I apologetically told her I couldn't open it until it had been purchased, but I did take a moment after checking out to open it for her.

Also, the other day, I was in line at the post office to pick up some certified mail. Since I had to be compliant with the law, I locked my Glock in my vehicle before going in, leaving the holster intact. The guy in front of me in line craned his neck to look at me.

"Don't worry, it's empty," I reassured him.
    "Oh no," he said, "I was reading your shirt." I was wearing my favorite non-gun related shirt, "KEEP CALM AND KILL ZOMBIES," with a picture of a chainsaw on top.
    "Oh! Sorry."
    He looked me over again, now seeing the empty holster. "What do you got there, a gun?"
    "Well, no, I had to lock it up to come in here since it's against the law to carry in a post office."

We chatted for a while, talking about gun laws and politics a bit. The girl behind the counter got super excited when she thought I was carrying a gun, and was very disappointed when I pointed out that the holster was empty.
    Junior

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    This week, I've been rocking the thigh holster and my Glock 23, because, you know, why not. There's been lots of looks, lots of gawkers, and a few "wow"s and "look at that"'s, but nothing negative. In fact, this morning, in line at WallyWorld, a woman in front of me was purchasing a pair of Matchbox cars for her grandsons. She looked me over, examined my holster briefly, then made eye contact.

"You look like someone who's well-equipped...do you have a knife?"

She wanted me to open the packages so her boys, no older than 3, could play with their cars. Being a third party, I apologetically told her I couldn't open it until it had been purchased, but I did take a moment after checking out to open it for her.

Also, the other day, I was in line at the post office to pick up some certified mail. Since I had to be compliant with the law, I locked my Glock in my vehicle before going in, leaving the holster intact. The guy in front of me in line craned his neck to look at me.

"Don't worry, it's empty," I reassured him.
    "Oh no," he said, "I was reading your shirt." I was wearing my favorite non-gun related shirt, "KEEP CALM AND KILL ZOMBIES," with a picture of a chainsaw on top.
    "Oh! Sorry."
    He looked me over again, now seeing the empty holster. "What do you got there, a gun?"
    "Well, no, I had to lock it up to come in here since it's against the law to carry in a post office."

We chatted for a while, talking about gun laws and politics a bit. The girl behind the counter got super excited when she thought I was carrying a gun, and was very disappointed when I pointed out that the holster was empty.
    What did she look like?

(Delaware County)

Older lady, with her daughter and three grandsons. Cool family, seemed very nice.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; September 12th, 2014 at 01:38 AM.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

The other day, I found myself expecting to meet someone in the city on Monday morning, but they cancelled at the very last minute - I mean, I was in the process of parking when I got the news of the postponement. Rather than call it a wasted morning, I decided to find breakfast in the city and check out the new Dillworth Plaza.

Read the rest of this post while keeping in mind the context of my having a fresh high-and-tight haircut, a cleanly trimmed and sharp goatee, and wearing dress shoes, black slacks, and a bright blue button down, collared longsleeve.

So, I started meandering, trying to figure out where I wanted to eat. I went over to the new plaza - happening to pass in front of three PPD officers, two of whom were on bicycles and all three of which were facing my strong side - and people-watched for a few minutes while I thought. Eventually, I got up and headed down JFK Boulevard, passing by another PPD officer who was standing guard inside the TD Bank on the corner. He watched me walk by - again, strong side facing him - but didn't budge.

I walked a couple of blocks and began getting frustrated that I wasn't finding anything of worth for breakfast. While standing on a corner with a woman who had a small bag and coffee in her hands, I asked her where she would recommend a guy to get a bite for breakfast, and she recommended Reading Terminal Market. So, off I went, passing by countless other PPD officers as I walked by the Criminal Justice Center.

I got to the market and went in, finding this nice Amish place that made breakfast sandwiches. As I was putting ketchup on my sandwich and thinking about where I wanted to go to eat it (preferably outside), yet another PPD officer came around the corner, conspicuously looking me over, leaning as he did so for a better view from the counter. Thirty or so seconds went by as he decided whether or not he wanted to take a chance on questioning me, after which time he disappeared silently.

Leaving the market, I went back to the Plaza to eat, where I devoured my delicious sandwich. Not wanting to mar the look of the brand new plaza, I found the nearest trashbin - walking again past the officer posted there, this time with only one of his coworkers hanging around and chatting with him.

The guy at the parking lot asked me who I did security for when I went to retrieve my truck. This was the only thing mentioned to me the entire morning that was gun-related.
    Junior

(Chester County)

Dang it... I've been let down by the PPD. I was all ready for another "good" story...

until next time...
    Ignorance is bliss!

(Delaware County)

The PPD know who you are now and were told not to talk to you. LOL

(Bucks County)

From the description of your dress, they probably thought you were one of them!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    The PPD know who you are now and were told not to talk to you. LOL
    New Youtube video idea, a counterpoint to "Don't talk to the police": "Don't talk to Viper."
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 116 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast