Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 114 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(York County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    <snip>

We went in, and not two seconds after we got in line, I noticed a man in his 50's with a white beard and a comfortable belly, who'd cheerfully said hello to us out front as we parked our bikes, stop near them, look them over, then say something to someone else nearby. I immediately headed back to the front of the store, while he motioned towards the bikes and said something else to his friend.

When I got to the front door, he was walking in.
    "Can I help you?"
    "Yeah - I'll keep an eye on your bikes for you while you're eating lunch."
    He wore a "Reverend Steve" sticky nametag. I reached for his hand, giving him a firm, sincere shake. "Thank you so much. I don't have a bike lock yet and I really appreciate it."
    <snip>

We went back out and I gave him another enthusiastic handshake, thanking for his kindness.
    He smiled brightly. "I see you're looking out for your little girl pretty well," motioning to the .45 on my hip, "so I thought I would help look after you. You have a blessed day."

How freakin' awesome.
    <snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Wow.

I have no problem with your open carry, but I have to question your decision making of leaving bicycles unlocked against a meter at South Philadelphia's Skid Row.

LOL.

Seriously I am surprised they were not stolen the second you guys entered.

We have used bait bikes that were stolen quickly when left unattended for a couple minutes.

Must have missed the part quoted above.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Dauphin County)

Wow.

I have no problem with your open carry, but I have to question your decision making of leaving bicycles unlocked against a meter at South Philadelphia's Skid Row.

LOL.

Seriously I am surprised they were not stolen the second you guys entered.

We have used bait bikes that were stolen quickly when left unattended for a couple minutes.
    My dad tells stories of driving with his father into Philly for games at Connie Mack stadium. He said the neighborhood youths would offer "Hey Mister, watch your car for a quarter?" The response from my grandfather was along the lines of "Well, I think it will be ok on its own, but it's pretty hot today so here's a quarter for you to go buy some ice cream."
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Must have missed the part quoted above.
    No, that is why I mentioned Skid Row.

I am very familiar with that corner and wouldn't trust anyone there, however cheery or gentle they may seem.

What is white beard going to do when a couple of youths grab the unlocked bikes?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    My dad tells stories of driving with his father into Philly for games at Connie Mack stadium. He said the neighborhood youths would offer "Hey Mister, watch your car for a quarter?" The response from my grandfather was along the lines of "Well, I think it will be ok on its own, but it's pretty hot today so here's a quarter for you to go buy some ice cream."
    Basically your grandfather bought 25 cents worth of insurance.

Not a bad deal overall.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Did the bikes explode when moved without authorization or were people just fined?
    They were arrested for theft.

(York County)

No, that is why I mentioned Skid Row.

I am very familiar with that corner and wouldn't trust anyone there, however cheery or gentle they may seem.

What is white beard going to do when a couple of youths grab the unlocked bikes?

Open up his violin case and drop 'em with his Tommy gun. Dontcha watch the movies?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    In my younger days I would go to Preakness every year (the infield). Back in those days you could carry coolers of whatever you wanted in. A kid came up to my friends and me and offered to carry our cooler to the gate for $5.00. We were parked a good bit away so we said sure, why not. He grabbed the cooler and took off. Carrying a cooler with about a case of beer and ice in it and he still our ran us.....

III% - Stand and be counted

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    In my younger days I would go to Preakness every year (the infield). Back in those days you could carry coolers of whatever you wanted in. A kid came up to my friends and me and offered to carry our cooler to the gate for $5.00. We were parked a good bit away so we said sure, why not. He grabbed the cooler and took off. Carrying a cooler with about a case of beer and ice in it and he still our ran us.....

O.J. Simpson?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Open up his violin case and drop 'em with his Tommy gun. Dontcha watch the movies?
    You may be right, it is South Philly after all.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Kind of reminds me of something that happened to me a few weeks ago. I was riding my bike around this abandoned pier and a bunch of kids walk past me, get maybe 100 feet away and one of them offers to "trade bikes" with me for 5 bucks. Of course I said "nah." Then I thought.. hmm.. if they decide nah isn't good enough, there's nobody around here. Be an awful shame if they were to fall into the river.. never to be seen again. But they didn't, and I went on my way after drinking my beer and rode further up this desolate area up to an area where they're doing some sort of construction along the river. Then I fell on my bike a few times because the rocks they put down as a sublayer for the concrete or asphault I assume they'll eventually be pouring don't provide very good traction.
    Last edited by early1900s; August 28th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Page 114 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast