Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Best bang for your buck?

M&P, XDm, Glock.......all .45, all quality. Which will be the best for competition, carry, and all around use?

Default Re: Best bang for your buck?

Quote Originally Posted by Scout211 View Post
    M&P, XDm, Glock.......all .45, all quality. Which will be the best for competition, carry, and all around use?
    The best .45 for the money is the Taurus 845. The best .45 period is the HK .45, for what you are asking, anyway. Of the three you listed, it is a no brainer, the G21. JMHO
    Last edited by harold63; April 9th, 2011 at 11:17 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scout211 View Post
    If you're talking competition, then the one whose grip is the most ergonomic and that you shoot best and most easily. Only trying them out will tell you that.

If you're talking economical, then you'd be looking to get gun, holster, mag carrier on the used market. In that case, Glock has been around the longest, and is better represented in the second hand market.

However, it's hard to believe a Glock 30, with its short and blocky grip, will shine in competition. I CCWed a G30 for a few years; it's a good carry gun but I can't see it as a winner in IDPA. Then again, everyone's different and it might just click for you.

A Glock 21 would be easier to shoot, but harder to conceal. I'm guessing the 13 rd XDM .45 gun is sleeker in dimensions and easier to conceal. That's subjective, though.

Although expensive, I've heard some good things about this, and it might be worth a look:

http://hk-usa.com/civilian_products/hk45_general.asp

(Philadelphia County)

They are all excellent, quality weapons.

I believe they are all around the same price. (give or take a few).

Don't listen to any fan-boys. Go to the store and handle all three of them.
    For better results, find a way to shoot all three before you buy.

The one that feels the best in your hands, is the right one to buy.

For example, personally, I love the Xd.45. I hate the Glock in .45.
    I looooooooooooooove my G19 in 9mm. I hated shooting with the Xd 9mm. Only you can judge.

Guns are built slightly different because people are built slight different.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Best bang for your buck?

hey scout211, i personally like the glock series of pistols they are reliable to a fault, easy to maintain, easy to find, and to top it off shoot great once your comfortable with them.thats right i am biased after all i have 8 of them.if you would like to try a 21 or a 30 give rich a call at mechanicsburg ordnance, tell him to call his armorer i will take you out and you can shoot untill your tired just buy the ammo. i am from mechanicsburg myself so it is a easy do. happy shopping red dog.

(Bucks County)

I always wondered , if Taurus had excellent customer service & impeccable quality control of their firearms would they own the handgun market?
    Last edited by triplebike; April 9th, 2011 at 06:13 PM.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
    I always wondered , if Taurus had excellent customer service & impeccable quality control of their firearms they would they own the handgun market?
    im guessing because of there prices they might. sometimes you get a good gun from them, and sometimes you dont, its a crap shoot. thats why i wont buy one.

(York County)

I'm not a fan of "combat tupperware" but in my time behind the gun counter I sold quite a few of all three handguns. All three have different aspects make them good carry/competition pieces. I know it will ruffle quite a few Glock guys feathers out there, but the Glock design is "getting long in the tooth" in the world of polymer frame handguns. The interchangeable grip panels of the M&P series is IMHO far superior to anything anybody has on the market. Glock has proven it's reliability time and time again, but I think it has a mushy trigger and not much is going to change that. I prefer the XD because of it's M1911 style grip safety, but it lacks interchangeble grip panels so unless it fits your hand it's a no go. The XDm does have interchangeable panels but it does cost more and I don't care for the checkering on the XDm's grips.

So, which one is best for all around use? I have a hard time picking one gun for all uses. Of the three you named, I'd say the Glock is best for carry, the M&P for competition and the XD for all around use. But then again, I carry a CZ-75 P-01

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    im guessing because of there prices they might. sometimes you get a good gun from them, and sometimes you dont, its a crap shoot. thats why i wont buy one.
    Same here.

(Lehigh County)

While not on the OP's list, I would seriously look at a M&P 45.

They come with 10 round mags and you can also buy 14 round mags for it.

They feel good in the hand and shoot very well.

While a full size gun, you can conceal them with the right holster and can use them for competition as well.

AG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast