Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Reputable FFLs in Lebanon area?

I'm looking for dealer recommendations for a special situation a friend is dealing with. I know the users here won't be able to say whether or not a particular dealer would participate, but I'm looking for possible contacts, probably not those with a 'Fudd' mentality.

Here's the situation as I understand it:

A dealer is needed to take possession of a small/moderately sized lot of firearms, magazines, ammo, and accessories. The Lebanon police will be releasing these items previously held as part of an investigation. The involved estate has already found a buyer for the entire lot, but needs a dealer to facilitate legal transfers of the firearms. A price will be agreed upon between the buyer and seller for the lot of items, but they dealer will receive the payment from the buyer, and pass it on the the estate attorney(s). The involved parties are obviously willing to compensate the dealer for his services as well.

Shyda's has already declined.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; April 9th, 2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Reputable FFLs in Lebanon area?

two that come to mind, Shyda's and Glenn's Guns. Glenn is an older Gentleman between Palmyra and Anvil, and his transfers are $20 a pop, I'm sure he'd facilitate, Shyda's are in Lebanon, close to the VA, and the Lebanon Fairgrounds, transfers are $30 a pop, they have a larger staff and while may be more expensive, should be able to react faster than Glenn.

Shyda's
    1635 South Lincoln Avenue
    Lebanon, PA 17042
    Phone: 717-273-6572
    Fax: 717-273-6738
    E-mail: info@shydasgunshop.com

Gelnn's Guns
    (717) 867-8455

4080 Shanamantown Rd
    Annville, PA 17003
    Last edited by theshadow; April 11th, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added contact info

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Shyda's has already declined.
    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Shyda's
    I would have recommended Shyda's as well, had they already declined the task. Unfortunately, I have no other recommendation.

Good luck in your search for a suitable FFL.

(Lebanon County)

hmm sorry missed that Shyda's declined. There's a newer place in Campbelltown, don't know how that works for you, Horseshoe Pike gun shop

HORSESHOE PIKE GUN SHOP

2703 Horseshoe Pike Palmyra, PA 17078 - (717) 838-3324
    Open Tue-Wed,Fri 11am-7pm; Thu 11am-8pm; Sat 9am-3pm

You can try Horseshoe, but I have found them to be very expensive with transfers. I echo the Glenn's Guns in Annville suggestion - done a lot of business with Glenn. He is cheap but very old school, so don't be shocked if he doesn't want to bother.

Shyda's doesn't surprise me; they're not know for going the extra mile.

(Berks County)

its a little from where you looking at by about 20 min north/east there a little shop called blue mountian gun works, hes a little hobby shop type guy but if it can be done he will do it for you. hes there tues and thurs nights 6-9 and saterdays from 9-3 if I remember right, give him a call 717 933 8884 when hes in and see what he can do for you. like I said its just a little hobby shop for him he works a normal job doring the week and there at night on the side but i buy most of my guns from him and hes great to deal with. its not far off interstate 78 exit 16 midway exit.

(Berks County)

Enck's Gun Barn.

Bob is a pretty good guy, he does do transfers and will pretty much order what you want. Don't know if he will take on this task though.

Enck's Gun Barn
    142 Chapel Road
    Newmanstown, PA 17073
    Phone: 717-949-2215

Shop Hours:
    Tuesday - Friday: 11am - 8pm
    Saturday: 9am - 4pm
    Closed Sunday & Monday

Info Here: http://www.encksgunbarn.com/index.php

Good luck.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    Enck's Gun Barn.

Bob is a pretty good guy, he does do transfers and will pretty much order what you want. Don't know if he will take on this task though.

Enck's Gun Barn
    142 Chapel Road
    Newmanstown, PA 17073
    Phone: 717-949-2215

Shop Hours:
    Tuesday - Friday: 11am - 8pm
    Saturday: 9am - 4pm
    Closed Sunday & Monday

Info Here: http://www.encksgunbarn.com/index.php

Good luck.
    I will never step foot in encks again, hes a grumpy old man, I wanted to buy an AR, I had cash with me to buy it, he had a couple there that were all .223 chambers I told him I wanted the 5.56 chamber so I could shoot mil-spec ammo, he got all pissy and said theres no diffrence, I tryed to talk to him and he just got even worse. I ended up walking out and taking my buisness else where, theres no reason to act like he did and to run a gun shop and say theres no diffrance is total BS, never again will I deal with him.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    I will never step foot in encks again, hes a grumpy old man, I wanted to buy an AR, I had cash with me to buy it, he had a couple there that were all .223 chambers I told him I wanted the 5.56 chamber so I could shoot mil-spec ammo, he got all pissy and said theres no diffrence, I tryed to talk to him and he just got even worse. I ended up walking out and taking my buisness else where, theres no reason to act like he did and to run a gun shop and say theres no diffrance is total BS, never again will I deal with him.
    It depends on if you catch him in a good mood. He has regulars and isn't used to seeing too many new faces. I used to go there a lot then my buddy had a bad time up there and I haven't been there since. He had an issue with a transfer, so I would probably guess old Bob isn't going to go out of his way to deal with that mess. Just wouldn't be in character for him...But who knows, if you offer him enough money and catch him in a good mood, who knows.

Try Darrels gun shop. Not too far from encks and much friendlier might I add.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Franklin County)

I received information today that Richland Shooters Supplies has agreed to handle this on a consignment basis. They will evaluate the items and set the price, even though the items already have a buyer.

Any opinions on this establishment, and what's typical in the way of a 'dealer's share'? I've never done a consignment deal myself.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast